Chapter Twenty

第二十章

It has been a week since Itachi and Miyako had had their conversation, and Miyako found herself questioning everything she ever knew about the Uchiha Massacre and the amount of Uchiha's left roaming the earth.

Miyako spent much of her time by Sasuke's side. Watching as he slept in his coma and waiting for Naruto and Jiraiya to return with the fifth Hokage. Whoever that may be. She hoped that whoever it was, that they knew what to do to heal Sasuke. Or at least knew someone who did.

"Oh Sasuke, I'm so sorry this happened to you," Miyako whispered as she pushed some of his hair to the side. She wanted nothing more than to tell him the truth, but she had promised Itachi she wouldn't. And she won't. Not without good reason at least.

The door the room opened slowly and Sakura entered nervously, looking at Sasuke and then at Miyako, a question in her green eyes. "How is he, Mi-chan?"

"Nothing has changed," Miyako replied as she stood up and let Sakura take he spot. "Any news from Naruto?"

Sakura shook her head as she sat down. She went to speak, but the door was slammed open and Naruto came barging in. Behind him Jiraiya followed, followed by a busty, blonde haired woman.

"Naruto. Jiariya-sama," Miyako greeted before turning to the woman who had just fixed Sasuke up as if it were nothing. "You must be Tsunade-sama. I'm assuming, our Fifth Hokage?" Miyako questioned and the woman turned to the teen, looking her up and down with her amber eyes.

"That is me. Who are you?"

"I'm Haruno Miyako, Hokage-sama. I am a Jōnin and Sasuke's carer. This is my cousin, Haruno Sakura. She is Naruto and Sasuke's teammate," Miyako explained and Tsunade nodded, satisfied with the prompt answer from the purple-haired teen.

"Good. Then come with me. I need help settling into my office," Tsunade ordered and Miyako nodded with a bow, following the woman out of the room and towards the Hokage building. Jiraiya followed the two females, a serious expression on his face.

Nothing was said between the trio until they arrived at the office. It was filled with boxes of paperwork, making Tsunade frown in a mixture of disgust and annoyance.

"I never liked paperwork. And here I am. Taking the job with the most amount of paperwork in the shinobi world," Tsunade stated with a sigh as she sat down on the chair behind the desk. Her golden-brown gaze then fell to Miyako after she was settled, a frown on her lips. "Now, Miyako-san. I do not like being lied to. Who are you?"

Miyako smiled slightly, happy that the Hokage could sense her lie easily. She went into a thorough explanation on who she was and what the previous Hokage had done about it. She didn't mind Jiraiya being there for the explanation, after all, if two out three sannin know about her, it's not fair for the third to be left out.

"Hmm, so I was right that time we met, Miyako-san. You are a Shinjitsu," Jiraiya mused after the explanation, feeling vindicated that he was right, and Miyako nodded in agreement.

"I can why my predecessor kept you hidden from everyone. Elders included. Thank you for being truthful with me, Miyako-san. You may leave," Tsunade stated and Miyako nodded, bowing before leaving the two sannin behind in the office.

Miyako was just arriving to the hospital when Kakashi appeared next to her. He seemed tensed, worried even. Miyako wanted to know why. So of course, she asked him and he sighed. "Naruto and Sasuke are fighting on the roof," he stated simply and Miyako's eyes widened.