Chapter Twelve

第十二章

The rest of the trips to Sunagakure left much to be desired as Miyako didn't run into any trouble. Everything was now sorted, and the Chunin exams were a week away. Miyako was taking some time to rest in her apartment, reading a book, and was startled when the front door opened to reveal an exhausted Sasuke, along with a nervous looking Kakashi.

"Sasuke, is everything alright?" Miyako questioned as she put the book down and rushed to the twelve-year-old boy, checking him over for injuries that she could still faintly see but were obviously healing at good pace.

"There was a complication on the mission," Sasuke replied simply, and Miyako frowned in response. That didn't sound too good.

"You go and have a shower, then get some rest whilst I talk to Kakashi-san," Miyako ordered and Sasuke nodding, heading to his room to grab a fresh set of clothes before having a shower and relaxing bath. Miyako turned to face Kakashi, gesturing to the couch in the living room once Sasuke left. "Please, take a seat. Do you want something to drink?"

"I'm fine, Miyako-san," Kakashi replied as he sat down on the couch, Miyako sitting next to him with an expectant look on her face, waiting for his explanation on what happened on the mission. When Kakashi didn't speak Miyako's frown deepened.

"Well? Are you going to tell me what happened? Or am I going to have to guess?" Miyako questioned in annoyance after a couple of minutes of silence on Kakashi's half.

"The mission became complicated at the very beginning. The client had lied about the severity of the mission. We had a run in with two chunin from Kirigakure. Perhaps you've heard of them, the Demon Brothers?" Kakashi started and Miyako pursued her lips, nodding. She had heard of them. "A day later we ran into Momochi Zabuza."

Miyako's eyes widened in shock at hearing that name. "Oh my God, is everyone alright?" Miyako questioned frantically.

"Yes, yes. Sasuke and Naruto both saved me from a water prison jutsu, and we got away after a hunter-nin 'killed' Zabuza," Kakashi stated and Miyako frowned, hearing the quotation marks around the word 'killed'.

"He wasn't dead, was he?"

"No. the hunter-nin was working for Zabuza, and a week later we fought them at the bridge. In the battle, we won after a change in circumstances on Zabuza's side, but Sasuke almost lost his life in the process," Kakashi explained and Miyako's blue eyes widened in a mixture of shock and fear at those words.

"What about Sakura? Is she alright?"

"Sakura? She is fine. She didn't get caught in the crossfire," Kakashi replied and Miyako relaxed. "Actually, that's the other reason why I came here. You see, Sakura is weak, to put it lightly. She did nothing the entire time but tried to defend our client. However, I suspect that she wouldn't have been of much use if an attack was aimed at him."

Miyako nodded in understanding. "Sakura has always been more focused on appearances and boys than training. I'm surprised she was even allowed to graduate from the Academy, if I'm to be honest."

"Hmm, I have to agree," Kakashi stated with a nod. "I am putting them up for the Chunin exams. I don't think they're ready to become Chūnin's, but the experience may help them understand just how serious being a shinobi is. I was hoping that, before the Chunin exams begin, that you can take Sakura on for some private training. Just so she's not completely defenceless."

"Of course. She's my cousin after all. I'd do anything for her," Miyako stated with a small smile. "Is she at home?"

"Yes. As usual with missions like the last one, I had to inform the parents or parental guardians of what happened. I already told Sakura's parents, and now you, because you're Sasuke's guardian. I now need to go and write a full report for the Hokage," Kakashi stated and stood up, Miyako standing up as well.