Chapter Thirty One

第三十一章

Sasuke, Miyako, Itachi, Kisame, and Team Hebi followed Tobi and Hisoka into a large cabin in the middle of nowhere a few kilometres outside of Amegakure. It was wet, raining outside, and the large group was happy to be inside the warm and dry cabin. Tobi and Hisoka led Team Hebi into two rooms.

"For you three. Kisame, go do whatever you want. Sasuke, Itachi, and Miyako, come with us," Tobi ordered, dropping his good boy persona.

Kisame nodded and left for the kitchen as Karin, Suigetsu, and Jūgo made their way into their rooms. Before Karin went into her room, Miyako handed her Ainu to her, telling her to look after her whilst she dealt with whatever the two missing-nin wanted.

Miyako and the Uchiha brothers followed Hisoka and Tobi through the cabin and down the stairs into an area filled with cells. The doors of the cells were made of metal and there was a peephole allowing for them to look in from the outside. Tobi waved to Miyako to look through one of the peepholes and she frowned, opening the door to the hole and looking in.

She gasped as she looked into the room. The room was mostly white with brown, wooden flooring. Inside the room, bassinets were set up. There two, middle-aged, brown haired women in the room, both with very pale skin as if they hadn't seen the light of day in a long time. What shocked Miyako the most, however, was the five babies, not much older than Ainu, playing with toys in the room.

"What the hell is this?" Miyako snapped, turning around to face a smirking Hisoka and a casual Tobi.

"Miyako? What is it?" Sasuke questioned, and she shook her head, gesturing to the room.

He too looked in, eyes widening as he stepped back. Itachi stepped forward, confused on the reaction of his girlfriend and his brother. He looked in the room, grunting in annoyance at what he saw.

"So, the experiment worked. You have five healthy babies with the Uchiha gene," Itachi stated simply, making Miyako's blue eyes widened in shock.

"What? I didn't think it'd actually work!"

"We started with close to one hundred foetuses. By the time they were implanted into surrogates it was down to eight-even. By the third trimester, thirty-two made it. By the time the births came, only fifteen were left. And now, almost a year later, these five are the only ones to survive," Tobi explained, a frown in his voice.

Sasuke glared at the masked man. "Are you saying that you and Hisoka impregnated women just to have an Uchiha army?" Sasuke questioned, having learnt Ookami's true identity on their travels to the cabin when Hisoka took his mask off.

Hisoka laughed. "No. We used your sperm, collected by Orochimaru and the eggs of Haruno Sakura – collected by the Fifth Hokage – implanted into surrogate mothers to start with the reconstruction of the Uchiha Clan."

Sasuke's face went pale as he ran back to the door, looking at what was technically his offspring. His own children that had hadn't even known existed. Children that were a mix of him and his old teammate that had been a fangirl that was only just getting better before he left the village. He shuddered at the thought.

"Why did you choose Sakura?" Sasuke questioned wearily.

"Punishment for Mi-chan," Hisoka replied smugly, making Sasuke frown as he didn't understand his reasoning. "Sakura is the closest one to your age that Mi-chan care for. She has amazing chakra control, and we figured her offspring would most likely gain this control as well. So we decided to mix your sex cells together in the hopes of having super strong Uchiha babies."