Epilogue

Epilogue

Khushi looked at her husband of five years with annoyance. They were already running late for party organized by his office and he deems this moment right for watching forwarded videos he found in nameless whatsapp group.

"Arnav, it is..."Khushi glanced at the clock."6.30"

Arnav nodded but didn't bother to reply or get up from the bed where he was sitting wearing his yellow silk shirt and boxers. His primly ironed brown trouser and coat was placed beside him on the bed neatly.

Khushi sighed nodding at her husband, before turning her attention back to mirror perfecting her high bun to match the saree that she has worn for the party.

Khushi couldn't blame Arnav for showing least bit of interest in his company's annual party. He is going to meet in the party all executives he has been locking horns with for a higher position and will be forced to play friends with them at least for the night. Ever since four was added to the first digit of Arnav's age and VP of the company hasn't yet been added to his job description, Arnav has been having love hate relationship with his colleagues and company. If Arnav's ultimatum is to go by, then this might be the last office party unless he is promoted next year. Otherwise, Arnav is all set to start up his own software business.

Khushi was glad that she didn't have a cut throat competitive work life like her husband. As a child psychologist, Khushi needs a very calm environment to keep her mind sorted so that parents and children who approach her can get the best of her.

With Arnav's support in every way possible, Khushi was able to look at her education as something more than means to money. Child psychology was her preferred field for she believed she had knack of making kids see things rationally. "You made me see things rationally and I was no less than a kid those days." Arnav would often say hinting at their pre-love declaration phase when Arnav was all together a different person.

Khushi stood in front of her husband forcing him to look up from his phone.

"I am going to check on Vihaan. If you are not ready by the time I am back, then I will comfortably get back in my pyjamas and you will have to go alone."

Khushi didn't wait for Arnav's reply and made her way out of the room.

"Vihaan, do you want milk and..." Khushi's question stopped mid sentence when she saw Vihaan already sipping milk from his tall glass.

Khushi smiled at her son who grinned at her over his cup.

"Have you done your homework?"

Khushi picked diary from books scattered on the bed and checked what's scheduled for next day.

"How about your multiplication tables?"

"I will do it tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Daadi said we can go and play in the park today."

Khushi wanted to tell him not to postpone his works but decided against it when she heard footsteps near the room. Khushi felt her mother in law's presence before she saw her enter the room.

Ignoring Khushi completely, her mother in law looked at Vihaan and asked. "Are you ready to go?"

Khushi handed the mosquito repellent cream to Vihaan. Her mother in law cleared her throat challengingly.

"Woh... moquitos...."

Even before Khushi completed the sentence she knew another lecture about using chemicals on kids' skin was coming her way. Khushi sighed in defeat.