Part Twelve: Brawl

I am too curious not to take a look but now?
If I fall more behind someone gonna notice, so what?
Taking a quick look around me I get an idea, I should have a plastic bag in my pouch, big enough.
Just slide the book in and dump it in one of the flower beds, easy, after all this I just pick it up after school, maybe then I can understand her a bit more.
Remember which, Noceda!
The one with orange flowers and now go, no suspicion.
As I begin to run in the direction the others headed so many questions begin to form in my head.
Who does even have something like this?

A black leatherbound book,.

Like a secret diary or a journal, with her attitude, I would guess a journal.
Every single action of others painful meticulous noticed, with date and time.
I have to smirk, she looks a bit like a control freak, every move strategically planned, but this now?
It falls out of what I would have expected, she just stormed off, straight to the action.
Well, I just know her since yesterday, so I guess I don't really know her, I cant even tell if she has a boyfriend or if she's taken.
Wait, why did this come to my mind first and why did it... hurt?
Something inside me just ached, it felt like something punctured my stomach.
Shake it off, god damnit, get ready, its close.

The canteen is just one great mess, it looks more like a prison riot than a food fight or common rumble, just the mass of fighting people.
I barely can spot anyone I know, the floor is covered with different things, food, shards from the food trays, some cutlery also and even some traces of blood, this school is fucking crazy.
"Over here, could need some help?", one of the dudes from Amity, in a wrangle with two other guys.
I calm myself and ready myself for the fight, hadn't to do it since the time one and a half years back,
but back then I fucked them up, so what changed?
As I kick the first guy, I know it, nothing is gone, just up to the standard as always, the dude lands a blow on the other guy sending him to the ground.
"Preciate it, James, hadn't the time to introduce me before", a quick handshake,
"Ed this motherfucker smashed the face of one of the Milani Brothers into their food tray and now we have a full blown fight",
"Now what?" I have to scream a bit to be heard over the background noise.
He turns and says deadeye,
"Just knock as many out as you can, only way to end this, no authority gonna intervene unless someone's health is critical, show them your strength".
And he slips back into the crowd, nice third day, really.

A bit confused who I actually punch I hesitate a bit before landing a hit.
Either way, I guess I already hit some wrongs, so I guess just go on, most of them go with one blow,
a bit embarrassing, many are just wimps who wanted to prove something.
A throwback to old times, just prove yourself in the new school by beating up one unlucky soul, just letting out my anger, only to endure some talk with principal and family.
And now?
Don't know if the immunity of the Blights will cover this, either way, fucking good to let it out again.
A kid swings close to my face, misses, I grab him by the sleeve of his shirt, throw him in the mash of food.
"Tim, fuck I need help", does he cry?
"Not tough now?", I prepare to land a kick in his side, but a fist just lands in my stomach.
I cough, most of the air pressed out of my body, I nearly throw up.
Just get your arms up, irritated I shield my face and not too late, a hit on my forearm, another and another, every one with the same force, my right foreman a bit numb.
My anger rises, I want to counterattack but no possibility opens up.
In the end I lose the control, scream and let the guard down, just tackling him to the ground.
Kneeling in the mass I just beat on the one under me, letting all out, letting out swear after swear.

I don't know what really happened after I finish up, but his face doesn't look good.
As I stand up I notice something, its the guy from the smoker corner.
I exhale, I am complete out of breath, well fuck, lets go on.
Too late I notice the smacking sound and even later I really get hold off what it means,.
Too
Fucking
Late
I turned half way and his blow hit me in the jaw, from surprise and pain I tumble to the floor.
Grabbing after something to stop my fall, but I can't get a grip on nothing.
As I hit the floor a pain shoots from my left thigh, something is wrong.
With a gasp I grab it , too warm, way too warm, with the pain now causing a nasty headache I feel along the thigh and get to grab something.

A shard, well damn.

Tim also seems to have problems on his own, just seeking support from one of the tables.
Just get up, crawl to the next table and pull yourself up.
Easy said, but more different with more and more dwindling energy and an aching leg and as I reach the table accept the realization, standing up wont really work.
I am just to exhausted, just close the eyes for a bit.
As I drift away, everything suddenly gets this dreamily shine, like nothing is real, what even is real?
Someone comes closer, is he real?
" ... Luz, what is ...", only parts of the question come through the mist that lays over my brain,
"Fine, everything fine" I mumble under my breath.
The person kneels beside my body, mint green hair.
"Just get me up, I can go on" I try to reach her with my left hand, the one almost clean, besides my own blood, the person also says something, gets closer.
I don't know what I really do, everything seems, irrational, but as she gets closer, I lay a hand on her cheek,
"So goddamn beautiful", leaving a hand mark.
A last breath, embracing the sweet slumber as the pain stops and I listen to my own heartbeat.

Quick note from the author.
Sorry for the delay everyone, but at least a little present for christmas.
Hope everyone has some good days off.