Part Nine: A brief meeting with Miss Blight

The day flies by, I am not really paying attention to anything, after the sixth lesson,
in some kind of free working room, a meeting.
I let the paper rotate between my finger, can't say I really trust all of this.
Maybe just a way to mock me?
If I don't go I never gonna find out, so just one way forward, straight into the lion's den I guess.
Even if its just a trap, I am not weak, neither physically nore in my mind and if this motel guy and Anna can beat up one of them, well, the rest won't be a problem.

Ten Minutes until the meeting, a quick smoke in front of the school.
You can do this, Luz, maybe you only one step away from getting your foot down in this city,
don't ruin this, it will decide who well I gonna do here.
I take a deep pull, the relaxing feeling shooting through my body.
Just have to keep my cover up, show me how I want to be seen, bit respect and interest for the Blight girl and I can do it.
I can do it, fuck yeah.
With the last pull I flick the butt away and smooth my jacket a bit with my hands.
Just do your thing, improvise and play it cool.
I run a hand through my hair, the last cut was a maybe a bit short, but benefits my reputation.
With everything prepared I walk back into the school, ready for the coming event.

A less visited part of the school, some old rooms for the clubs, theater, gardening, badly painted letters on glass windows.
The door I aim for comes in sight, a single guy just standing in front of it.
Creative Working.
Straight white letters on the glass, in one light and height, different from the other ones.
"What you are doing here? Never saw you around here",
"Got an invitation, check it", I hold it out with two fingers.
He unfolds it, reads, looks a bit surprised.
"I am sorry, I didn't know Miss Blight awaited you, wait a short moment, I am announcing her your arrival" and he vanished behind the door.
Remembers me a bit of an audience with a king or a queen, well, she is one in some way,
a little queen of mom and dad to be sure.
But it's the fastest way to get me set in town, to protect my shell, establish it, if they are as powerful as told I don't have to fear shit.
"She awaits you inside", the guy slips out of the door and hold it open, I just nod in his direction and enter.

A medium build room, some tables, some cabinets, really looks like an creative work room.
She sits at one of the four tables, facing the window, a light breeze lets the trees outside shake their twigs, besides her lays a leather bound book.
"Luz, I guess", she still looks out the window,
"Right guess, Miss Blight", I grab myself a chair and seat myself.
A short duration of silence.
"You invited me here, why?",
"First of all your athletic skills from sport, you did a great job, maybe you even compete for the grudgby team",
"Thanks Miss Blight, appreciate it","And second, your, lets name it, aura".
Now it drifts a bit into the esoteric direction, not that I am against it, but I don't want to unintendedly join a cult."My... aura?",
"You act strong and with self-esteem and other people notice that, they are impressed and also intimidated, this is why I want you".
Relief washes over me, it seems like she already want me in without me even doing anything,
besides being the person I want others to believe I am.
She turns to face me, her face has some kind of welcoming warmth, full lips in the light pale face, a narrow stub nose and framed by mint colored hair.With a swift move she grabs her book and opens it, beginning to draw or write, focusing herself on that.
"I think you would fit in right perfect, Luz",
"Thanks, Miss Blight, it is an honor for me",
"Just call me Amity, only my sister let herself called Miss Blight and I wont give anything to be like her",
"Are you willing to tell me why?",
"She isn't even near to my level of knowledge or success, that's why I am the representative of my family in this school, simply because I am better, I don't have to rely on titles to get me out of self-pity ". She looks up for a second, a non-telling view, and continues with whatever she is doing.
Her, answer was a bit snobby, arrogant and at the same time, there's something else.Something I can't really catch.
I sit there for a little while, until she suddenly closes the book and positions it at the table.
"I think this was a good talk, a good impression, my parents honor manners and you showed more than, lets call them, other people, you get a message from me with the final result, til then",
"Until then, Amity". As I walk home, I can't really shake off this odd feeling.

She seemed like she done this a million times before.
Like an interview for a job, with someone who doesn't even look at you, but you can't get rid of the feeling, that she observes every move, every emotion you make.
First time seeing her she looked weak, a hard contrast to today, no insecurities, she knows her position very well.
I shouldn't underestimate her, that's clear, it looks like you cant be sure about one damn single person here, but soon, maybe I don't even have to worry.
If its true what he said, being part of a group means overall safety.
A little grin wanders on my face, I doubted this city as a good place and now?
Maybe, life is generous these days, a bit sunshine for the ones, who stood in the rain for so long.

A quick appreciation note from the author.
Hey there, hope you all doing well, we reached nearly 1k views, never thought I would get near this and to that, at this time, we are in the top ten, well as ten, in the owl house tag.
Have to admit, I am proud.
A big thanks to all the readers and hope you get trough the rest of week.