Part Four: Some simple history

He takes a last pull from the cigarette and tip it out of the window.
"it's a paradise, you know, many jobs for the youth, bright future, beautiful view and even snow in the high mountains", he begins,
"So what is the other side of the coin then?".
Just a simple scoff, but with so much disgust and hate.
"The surroundings, Luz, the people, the mentality, you know?",
"No I don't, shit, just tell the goddamn story".
He throw his arms up, looking like he want to surrender,
"Hey, don't push it, ok", I sigh, this dude is just, confusing.
"So if madame wishs it, a story".

"The lil county we living in was discovered by James Ridger, an European migrant, he founded the main settlement and named it after a natural obscurity",
"A boiling forest?",
"Yes, a boiling forest, the area is heated through small volcanic activities, but lets continue".
He lights himself another one and take another pull before continuing.
"So, Rigder is beloved, his family also, but then, English imigrants and some Spaniards from Louisiana come over, the Blights and Milanis and both come with a hell lot money, ready to invest. Really fast, his power deceases, his family dies out, and a rivalry between the Blights and Milanis begins. But wait theres more, after the Russians decide they like the communism more than their royalty, Russian royalty, the Belos flee into the States and a third family start taking his place here. And that's how they fucked up the county, Belos family wins most of the votes, the Blights and Milanis battle over Influence, Money and success of their kids and everything just, well fucks up".
I look at him with some interest,
"So tell me, why is the situation fucked up here?".
Another scoff from him, he turns his view into the darkness of the night,
"Northside of the town are the mountains, snowy and place of an correction center for the youth, equipped with many privileges by the Belos family, the police is corrupt as they would live in Brazil or Mexico and if you have no contacts in the city or be a part of some group, well, you have not even one percent hope to success in your doings".

"Any tips for a newcomer out of here?", it really sounds desperate and it is,
I thought that it would be difficult in a new city, but that, damn.
"Just hope they get to like you and adopt you into their group, I guess".
I bury my face in my palms,
"What does that mean",
"That they like you, either you have luck and get into either Amity Blights group or Boscha Milanis, and if not a single one takes you, well, you are a playball then".
My brain is in an emergency like situation, there is no way to escape out of this town and my future is dependent of my likeability and that doesn't help a bit.
"Well I have to go now, much luck, girl, gonna need it" and with this, he just stands up and walks out of the door.

A little panic set in, the breath fastening, I hoped for a good start, but that?
I run my fingers through my hair and close my eyes, just calm, Luz, everything is going to be fine.
I don't do anything, my palms are sweaty, the hands shaky, it just accelerates the fear,
it comes like a dumb idea, but it sounds good, fantastic, beautiful.
A single blow to the wall, the knuckles now bloody, the pain just enough to take every bit in my mind,
a good feeling, finally some peace, no thoughts, just silence.

The first beams of sunlight are falling onto me and slowly waking me up.
The moment feels peaceful, a quick glance on my left hand, bit bloody, some dropped on the table, some is on the wall, but it don't touches me.
I just don't want to think too much about it, don't want to ruin the feeling of being free, feeling like a feather flying in the air.
How late is it even?
My watch says near to noon, well, I don't have to pack many things, so I can just wait.
Laying on the bed and hearing music, I just stare up to the ceiling, I never thought, that feeling nothing at all could be so satisfying, but it is.

A knock on the door throws me out of the trance I felt, the weightless feeling is close to gone,
the anxiety already slowly creeping in the corners.
"Oh well, good to see you old friend, at least one never leaves" I say with a heavy voice, a second knock,
"I coming, don't worry", now talking to the unknown behind the door.
"Your foster mom is waiting in the parking lot, just wanted to tell", the porter, I didn't even asked for his name last night, is this impolite?
Shrugging in an empty room, I think that it isn't rude, he also didn't ask, or?
Wait, he know my name from the reservation.
Why do I even care?
A one time meeting not more, just one face of thousand, nobody important, or is he?
He helped me to understand the city, didn't he?
Do I even understand it now?
My thoughts tangling themselves, the sheer mass of thoughts make me want to get the sweet pain again, bot if I show up with bloody knuckles, I sure have to explain.
Cold water? I have to try it.

Some minutes later, I stand with my stuff in the lobby again, the left hand in my pockets and ready to start.
"Well, until another time", the porter just tips an imaginary hat.
With a bit more hope I step out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick note from the author,
thanks to all of you folks reading this, I love to see, that some people are geniunely interested in this story and take the long waiting times for new chapters.
I try not to stretch the plot out, but i think, that I could cut some scenes to make it more interesting, tell me your opionin if you want.
Thats all, I hope you have a nice day, til the next time.