Twenty: Delirium Deluxe

Another little authors note, we going in with some extra length, just didn't want to cut it in half, so lets go and in advance, have a nice weekend, people, get ya some snacks and prepare.

I make a little pirouette infant of the mirror, the leather jacket fits just right,
it still has a faint scent of a perfume on it.
A flowery one.
Guess Eda had a little wallflower phase.

Am i really ready to go?

I have a jumpy feeling filling up my whole body, making me so insecure about everything today.

I puff a little bit frustrated and take a look in the mirror again.

„You are goddamn fine, Noceda, go and get the shit"

Dont you mean get her

„I already paid for today",

You know what awaits you there, you know what will happen

„I will deal with it as ist comes".

Just an empty chuckle follows and a honk from outside startles me suddenly.
„Luz! Theres your ride I guess", Eda shouts from somewhere in the house, looking back at the mirror I just whisper one thing to the crooked figure.

„You won't ruin today, not this day, not a chance where I can finally relax"

As i run down the stairs I shout a goodbye to Eda and nearly tackle the door, but as I stumble outside, I see who is waiting in the car.
Kipps little auburn bitch.
The window of the drivers side is lowered, no one in the back.
„So, back to the hole in the woods or what do you want?", I ask casually while approaching the car.
„Heyy Luz, just got the task to drive you to the lake", she tells, smiling a warm smile
„Is that so? And why should I accept?",
„Any idea where the lake is?".

And so, after a short time I sit on the passenger seat, looking out of the window whilst we pass through the forest.
„Kipps wants to let you know, that the Blast is an official peace time, so no fighting",
„So he, of all people he tells me that?", I answer snarky,
„Trust me, he normally isn't like that, you just pissed on his leg".

Do I care? No, not really, you don't try to shoot the dog if he pisses on you.
„I just take this as your agreement and also, there we are".

Dominating the view now, two big brick warehouses come in view and a deep blue lake behind them, a little cliff to the left.
The landscape seems so idyllic, the two structures being the only manmade thing around.
„Its beautiful in its own way" she just says, parking the car.
Leaving the car, you already can hear some faint sounds of a horde of teens.

Now it is only following down the pathway.
I take a last glance over my shoulder, she stills stands besides the car, watching me.
Never gonna trust any of them, fucking weirdos.

After some turns, bushes and pine trees I stand in front of a crowd of people,
the sound of loud music and chattering seems to deafen everything.
And so I just notice her, as she tucks at my arm, Amity's messenger, she just smiles and waves me to follow her.
I just wait for the day when she isn't there to guide me, she seems to be fucking everywhere.

She guides me towards one of the buildings, the noise here being a little less deafening.
„Do you have your ticket?" She screams over the noise, not even trying, I just nod and get it out of my pocket.
„Thats good, now just follow me a bit more", she leads me around the building to a staircase down and finally through a metal door that closes behind me, the noise stoping abruptly.
„So, good, just go this way and give the guys your ticket, you will receive a bracelet in exchange", she points down the narrow corridor, the odder of rust and decay in the air.
As she finish telling me her commands she is already on the way out,
„See ya, have fun, Luz" and with that, the noise comes back for a second and vanishes again.