Twentyone: Way back home

I don't know how Amity is already gone.

Something deep inside of me hoped she would come back.

A part of me enjoyed this feeling so much, not being alone anymore.

„Fuck it, not gonna be the last day I see her", in a bit of a an anger fit I toss the bottle down the cliff, waiting for the sound of water swallowing the glass and then standing up.

Stumbling my way back through the forest I notice that the sounds of the nature took over, even as I get close to the warehouses.
And as I get closer it gets more obvious, either the time flew so fast with her or I sat up there a godawful long time.

Crossing the first warehouse I notice, that most of the people either lay inside there or just stand together in small groups.
I skim through every single one of them, but even after subliminal asking for Amity I can't find her anywhere and with every single one they won't tell shit before taking a shot with them.
Slowly something gets to me, did she just go, leave me here?

Just a little ache, but one who swallows me up whole, am I disappointed?
I tumble back out of the front door, trying to hide my disenchantment and bump into someone, the liquor now kicking like shit, I just drift off to my right, nearly tripping.
„Sawry" I mumble, my vision a bit blurry.

The person I bumped in just rubs his temples.
Through the fog I hear some words.
„Got ... ride... home?", thinking that the dude asked me about a ride home,
„Nah, maybe walk?", I mumble back, trying to make a walking gesture with two fingers.

Looks a bit more like a tickling gesture, fuck.

But he just gestures to follow him.
And so I end up back on a passenger seat again.

„Thanks" I just mumble as the motor starts up, he keeps quiet for a moment,
„Just tell if you need to vomit", no judgement in his voice.

Tree after tree passes by the light of the headlights, the only sound is a song playing in the radio.
He hums to the beat of the song.
„Seems like you like this song", as I lean my head against the cold window, my mind clears a bit up,
„You sometimes just feel the lyrics and link yourself to a song", something swirls in his voice,
„You sound sad", my mouth just throws it out.
He just scoffs.

„I never thought you had this much empathy",
„People can surprise you, I guess",
„Is that so? Some people will always be the same asshole they were yesterday",
„Amity wasn't, didn't thought she would kiss me, yesterday, but today she did it",
„Got lucky then, but I know that I have to wake up tomorrow, being the same, no matter how hard I try".

It gets silent after this again, now the lights of city fly by and I get a hard headache suddenly, my stomach turning.
„Bad news" I just and the car slows down, I fumble at the door until it opens, falling on the street hard, crawling towards the curb, my stomach gets more uneasy with the minute.
Reaching the storm drain I barely can hold back, strains of my hair falling into my face.
But before I can't hold it anymore, someone kneels beside and holds back my hair.

After some time, we sit back in the car, the faint taste still in my mouth.
„Time to get you home", just this and we are going again until we reach Eda's little store.

„Got your keys?", he asks, I just show him my key chain and leave the car, turning around again,
„Thanks, dude", he just nods and as I close the door, he drives off, towards the void of the night.

The sun tickles my nose as I wake up in my bed, not having any memory how I even got up, but I don't have my street clothes on anymore and no shoes, so I guess I either was sober enough for that or got some help.
I know who help at the latest as I look at my bedside table, Eda.
A wooden tray filled with an assortment of things I think I need severely, as the headache rises up again.
And after a breakfast consisting an antacid pill, some zwieback and some lemon water, I throw some clothes I found scattered on the floor on me and try to find Eda.

Not finding her anywhere in the living part of the house, I decide to look for her in her shop.
I go through the door, left of the stairs on the ground floor and find myself standing side by side with some knights armor and other exotic furniture and decorations.
Strolling down the narrow and cramped paths dug between everything I can't help but to feel mesmerized and overwhelmed by the many things laying in the shelfs.

„Hey kiddo"

I nearly jump and scream at the same time and Eda just stands on the other side of the shelf, holding her belly while laughing.
She wipes a laughing tear of her cheek and wags with her right hand.
„Sorry, didn't want to scare you",
„But you fucking did", I may have said it a bit too harsh, because she clears up very fast.
„I am really sorry, I just thought you saw me", I feel like I have to back down, excuse me, make it up, but I just can nod, any other part of me frozen.
„Hows your little hangover going?",
„Not really in a working condition at the moment",
„We have Saturday, Luz"

———————————————————————————————————--------------------------------------

Hey guys, trying to get at least one chapter out per week, so enjoy and have a fucking good rest of the week.

Ya Author