28 || clarke

"MONTY?" Asked a woman's voice after Bellamy had scolded Monty for fighting back against the Grounders.

Our path had been blocked by Grounders. At least that's what we thought. They grabbed Bellamy out of the rover and threatened to kill him if we didn't get out. We fought them outside the rover but they outnumbered us, managing to put us all on our backs within a matter of seconds.

"Mom?" Monty asked, dumbfounded and confused. Mom? How can Monty's mom be a Grounder?

The 'Grounder' pulled of their mask, revealing a woman, who was obviously from the Ark considering her lack of war paint and accent. She must be Monty's mom. They looked alike.

The person holding Monty let him go. Monty and his mother ran into each other's arms, sobbing. Meanwhile, I was on my stomach with someone's foot on my back, holding me down. Indra looked at me with complete confusion.

"Farm Station, stand down," Someone said. The people did not release their grip on me.

"Pike?" Kane questioned. Charles Pike? The Earth Skills teacher?

He took of his face covering, revealing the familiar face of Charles Pike. He taught Earth Skills on the Ark. I was one of his best students but that doesn't necessarily mean I like the guy. He always played favorites with students and unfortunately for me, I happened to be one of them.

"You have no idea ho w good it is to see you," Pike chuckled as he helped Kane stand up. They hugged as I still had a boot on my back and a sword pointed at the back of my neck.

"We didn't think you made it!" Kane exclaimed. The men chuckled.

"Lacroix, Smith, watch our six!" Pike ordered his 'soldiers'. "Everyone else, I said stand down!"

They finally released their grips on us. Indra helped me stand up. I couldn't help but feel out of place among all of these people from the Ark, even though that was my home for seven years. Indra felt this way, too. 

"Grounder killers, one and all, am I right?" Pike shouted during his conversation with Kane, followed by a cheer from his people. Now I really felt out of place. Many eyes drifted to Indra, some to me. I didn't blame them for thinking I was a Grounder. I didn't look as if I was from the Ark at all anymore.

"63?" I overheard Kane ask Pike. "Farm Station left with over three times that number."

"We landed with that number, too." 

Indra must have also overheard their conversation. "The Ice Nation can be ruthless. Take pride in the number you saved."

"Indra, this is Charles Pike. He was a teacher on the Ark," Kane introduced, patting Pike on the shoulder. He turned to Indra. "This is Indra. She's the leader of Trikru and a trusted ally."

"I'll have to take your word for it," Pike said with no sense of trust in his words, his eyes not drifting from Indra. For a moment, his eyes glanced to me but he didn't seem to recognize me. I couldn't blame him, though. I looked more Grounder than I did Sky Person.

My hair was braided into a ponytail and I wore a traditional black fighter jacket that was made from some kind of twill material, paired with some extra armor on my shoulders and arms. I wore some black jeans that were a gift from Octavia and they were equipped with homemade brown leather armor and holsters for all my weapons. On my feet, black combat boots that actually fit me for once in my life and black fingerless leather gloves were fitted on my hands, a gift from Lincoln. The Grounders sure do love their leather. I liked wearing more Grounder-style clothes. They were definitely cooler and more comfortable than the baggy stuff we had on the Ark.