17 || gone

IT HAD BEEN TWO DAYS AND I WAS FEELING MUCH, MUCH BETTER. The sickness had passed for almost everyone and luckily, the bomb at the bridge bought us some more time to prepare for this stupid war.

I was in the smokehouse with Octavia, helping with the meat. Del came in an put a heap of logs on the fire, causing it to get really big. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Let's get this party smokin'," He said in a weird accent as he dumped the logs on the fire.

"You don't want the fire too big so maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves," Octavia said calmly as she hung another piece of meat up.

"The meat wont preserve good if the fire's too big," I added. "It'll just burn."

"You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" Del teased Octavia.

"They're right. A hot fire isn't gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy walked into the smokehouse.

"Exactly," I said and hung up a piece of meat.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse," I really don't like Del. He's like John Mbege but worse. "You should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp. Just keep working."

"You wanna say that again?" I spat and started charging up to the boy as he exited the smokehouse. Murphy held me back with a laugh.

"Easy, tiger," He chuckled. I huffed and went back over to the meat. "Your brother couldn't get either of you a better job?" Murphy asked Octavia. "Anything would be better than working in the meat furnace."

"Probably," Octavia said as she unsheathed her knife. "That would just mean someone else would have to do it." She sliced a piece of raw meat in half. I grabbed one half of the meat and hung it up as she did the same to the other half.

"Do you even know what the Grounders want with you?" Murphy asked, trying to make conversation. Octavia gave me an look of uncertainty. I didn't know whether I could trust him with a secret that big so I just lied.

"Not a clue," I pursed my lips and passed him a piece of meat to hang up. The fire was getting warmer and bigger by the second, which definitely wasn't good.

As if on cue, the wall caught fire and in no less that five seconds, the whole smokehouse was aflame.

"Shit!" Murphy cursed. "C'mon, c'mon," He said frantically as he pulled Octavia out with an arm around her shoulder. She grabbed my hand, pulling me out with them. Octavia and Murphy seemed okay, just out of breath. I was heavily coughing from all the smoke I had inhaled.

"You guys alright?" Bellamy came rushing up to us. I coughed and nodded in response while Octavia gave a weak 'yeah'. 

"This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood!" Murphy yelled and started throwing punches at Del. Not to be bias or anything but in my opinion, he kind of deserved it. We now had no food left.

Bellamy ripped the two apart. "Hey! Hey! Stop! Save it for the Grounders," He barked.

"Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia shouted.

"That was all the food." I added, finally able to catch my breath. "Nice going, Del."

Clarke and Bellamy decided to send people out to hunt. Of course, Bellamy didn't let me go, even though I wanted to. He left with Harper, Sterling and Jess. Clarke went with Finn and another boy named Myles, who I didn't know too well. They thought it was better to go in groups in case Grounders attacked.