47 || osleya

I COULDN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY JUST BEAT LUNA. I also couldn't believe Roan was really dead. As the ambassadors discussed how we would share the bunker equally while we waited for the black rain to pass, I stayed silent, trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened.

I sat at the edge of the stage with my legs dangling off, blocking out the arguing ambassadors behind me. My thoughts were going a million miles per hour. I still failed to wrap my head around the fact that I really was the Commander, and the fact that Bellamy actually considered me a daughter was just insane. 

My real dad was floated right before I turned five. Of course I loved him, but the memories I had with him were few and far between since he was always working and I was always at school. I didn't remember him as much as I'd like to. 

Bellamy, on the other hand... I guess I've sort of always seen him as a father figure. He was the closest thing I had to a parent after my dad died since my mom was never really around. When he was my next door neighbour on the Ark, he would make sure I had clothes and food, even though he didn't have to. He would take care of me when I was sick, and continue doing all of it when I got locked up.

He would tell me stories about Octavia and how much I reminded him of her, and he would promise me that one day he would find a way to get me out of the Sky Box so that I could do something with my 'big brain' one day.

Then when we got to the ground, he would always protect me. He'd always put me before himself, always do what he could to keep me away from danger and out of trouble (even though it didn't work most of the time), always make sure I had enough food and enough water, even if that meant he didn't get any. 

Even when we fought, he always put me first and protected me. It's annoying how protective he is sometimes, but I guess that's just fatherly love or something?

I guess I do consider him a father after all.

The rain passed within minutes and Gaia announced that we were all to head to the tower to announce to the public the process moving forward in dealing with who gets the bunker. 

I stood at the front of the room, in front of the throne, covered in dirt and blood, only some of which that was my own. The Commander's token still rested between my eyebrows, and my hair had fallen out of it's ponytail at some point, now resting down my back. My light armour was scuffed and dirty, and my jacket and pants underneath were ripped and soaked in mud and blood. I definitely looked like a mess, but I didn't care.

"Silence!" Gaia shouted over the chatters of the crowd, silencing the murmurs immediately. "Hail the warriors of the thirteen clans." 

"Hail the Commander of the blood," The rest of the room recited.

"When I became Heda, I took an oath to protect, serve and lead you all. All thirteen clans. In the challenge today, I fought to ensure that as one, we survive Praimfaya. It is not 'every clan for themselves'. We are one people. And the Second Dawn Bunker will be shared equally. We will survive Praimfaya ogeda." 

Cheers immediately erupted from the crowd, and I felt a proud and relieved smile grow on my face. I spotted Octavia at the front of the crowd with a wide grin. I immediately jumped down and hugged her. 

"I'm so proud of you, T," She smiled, hugging me tight. 

As we pulled away, I found Kane in the crowd, being the only one not cheering. 

"There won't be enough room for all our people," He said, looking down at me with a worried look. 

"We'll face those problems when we get to it. Together," I replied. "It's Unity Day, Kane. Smile. You're surviving another day." I looked around the room, realising my 'father' was nowhere to be found. "Where's Bellamy?"