41 || the city of light

"WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING, YOU BETTER DO IT FAST," SAID OCTAVIA AS SHE, MILLER AND BRYAN BURST INTO THE ROOM.

"Why? What happened?" Asked Bellamy.

"They're climbing."

We all rushed out to the balcony to see for ourselves, and lo and behold, all of A.L.I.E's chipped minions had started climbing the tower.

"Well, we gotta do this fast, then, huh?" I gulped.

They greased the balconies to make sure they couldn't climb up it. I was scared.

"Lia, are you sure about this?" Bellamy asked softly. I nodded. "You don't have to do this. We can find another way-"

"There is no other way, Bell. I have to do this," I said reassuringly. 

"There's enough lamp oil to cover every window on the floor except the Commander's chambers," Bellamy turned to Pike.

"Then that's where the fighting starts," Pike replied. "We'll dig in there." Pike, Bryan and Octavia started walking off but Bellamy turned to his sister before she could leave.

"O... be careful." Octavia nodded at her brother's words before walking out.

I took a deep breath before taking a seat on the throne. "Okay," I breathed. "Lets' kill this crazy lady."

"You sure about this?" Bellamy asked one last time. I nodded.

"Lean forward," Clarke told me. As I leaned my head forward, I reached one hand out for Bellamy to grab and one for Murphy to grab. They both accepted and I squeezed their hands, never wanting to let go. Abby held onto my forehead so I didn't squirm to much.

"You ready?" Clarke asked. 

"Just do it," I said anxiously. I bit my lip, bracing myself for the pain.

"Ascende Superius," Clarke recited. I heard the whirr of the flame unlocking. I felt the piercing shock and pain of the flame cutting into my skin. I shouted in pain and jolted my head back up. I screamed in agony as I felt the flame inside my neck, squeezing onto the boys' hands for dear life.

I blacked out for a split second. 

"I said get that thing out of her head!" Bellamy shouted angrily as I came back to my senses.

"No. No. Not yet," I spoke up.

"You alright, Lia?" Bellamy asked softly, cupping my face with one hand. I felt surprisingly normal. 

"Do you feel any pain?" Abby asked. I shook my head. Something in my head was telling me that I needed to take the chip. To go into the city of light. To find the kill switch to shut A.L.I.E down.

"I know how to stop A.L.I.E," I announced calmly. The flame in my head gave me some kind of sense of reassurance and security. "I have to take the chip."

"What?" Bellamy blurted.

"The kill switch is in the City of Light," I said determinedly. 

"Yeah, sounds like a great idea," Murphy shrugged sarcastically.

"Tahlia, listen to me. A.L.I.E wants the flame. If you take the chip, you're giving it to her." Abby said softly. "The second someone sees you, A.L.I.E is gonna know that you're there."

"She'll kill you in there," Bellamy added, his voice soft. "If your mind dies, you die."

Something was telling me that having the flame in my head would protect me.