39 || plan

LUNA APPROACHED US BEFORE THE SERVICE FOR FLOUKRU'S DEPARTURED HAD BEGAN. She offered us drinks as a part of the ceremony, which we gratefully accepted. I wasn't actually thirsty but I didn't want to be rude, as it was tradition of their people to drink at the ceremony.

Clarke tried persuading Luna to take the flame one last time before Luna caught her people's attention to begin the ceremony. Honestly, Clarke was just being rude at this point. 

"As we prepare to give our brothers and sister to the sea, we honor their lives," She raised her glass. "From water we are born, to water we return."

We all repeated the phrase, raising our cups before taking a drink. I wasn't fond of the taste. I was supposedly given some kind of mixed fruit juice since Clarke and Bellamy requested not to give me alcohol like everyone else, but it tasted quite bitter.

I began to feel dizzy. I stumbled a few times before falling to the ground, blackness consuming me.

Again.

Seriously, if I had a dime for every time I've blacked out on the ground, I would be rich. Not that money means anything down here anymore.

We woke up back on the beach. Our weapons had been returned to us, which I was relieved to see.

"What now?" Asked Bellamy.

"Now, can we put the flame in my head?" I whined, flashing my irresistible puppy dog eyes. Bellamy, who had had put up with me too long for those to work anymore, shook his head defiantly.

We headed back to the rover and drove it out into the open for it to charge. It was snowing and cold and I only had a leather jacket to keep me warm since I had swapped it for my other one, which was destroyed, back at Arkadia. 

Bellamy found someone's old guard jacket stuffed in the back of the rover so I was using that to keep me warm. It was huge on me, but it kept my small frame warm so I wasn't complaining. Jasper was sitting on the hood of the rover. Octavia and I were sitting on the roof, sharpening our weapons.

"The rover's almost charged. We need to pack up, we'll be home soon," Bellamy announced.

"Then what? Run away?" Clarke said sarcastically.

"We're not running away, Clarke," Bellamy assured. "We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat-"

"There is no other way! We need a Nightblood. If we could just use Tahlia-" Clarke cut him off but Bellamy was quick to cut back in.

"We are not using Tahlia. Do I make myself clear?" He said angrily.

With Bellamy's words, Octavia had stopped sharpening her sword and Jasper had looked up from the spot he was staring at on the ground. Octavia and I jumped down from the roof of the rover, gathering at the front with the others.

"We need to unlock the flame. It's the only way to stop A.L.I.E," Clarke continued.

"What do you expect us to do, Clarke? Since Papa Bellamy won't let us use Tahlia, what are we supposed to do? Walk into random villages, asking for their Nightbloods?" Jasper spoke up.

"If that's what it takes," Clarke nodded.

"No, Clarke," Octavia cut in. "If A.L.I.E can find us on Luna's rig then she can find us anywhere. I'm not helping you destroy another innocent Grounder village."

"We just need to go home and make sure our friends are okay," Bellamy said. Clarke looked to each of us to see who would side with her. She knew Bellamy wouldn't let her use me for the flame so she wanted to find another Nightblood. None of us agreed with her, so she walked off, needing space.