40 || brain dead

WHEN I LOOKED AT CHARLES PIKE, ALL I SAW WAS RED. I was going to kill him. Well, Octavia deserved the kill but if she didn't kill him, I most certainly would. He slaughtered an army that was sent to protect them. He killed Lincoln. 

I ran at the faux Chancellor and tackled him, catching him off guard too much for him to fight back. I threw punches at his face until he bled.

"You jerk! Murderer! Float you, Pike!" I screamed with each punch. I didn't care that I was saying bad words. He deserved it.

"Lia! Enough!" Bellamy ripped me off of Pike. I struggled in his arms, kicking my legs, fighting his grip. 

"Let me go, Bellamy! He deserves to die!" I shouted, pure anger and hatred blinding my vision. It was like deja-vu. When Charlotte died, this is what Bellamy felt. He said the exact same words I had said. 

"No. Indra's right, Lia. We need every fighter we can get," Bellamy said calmly, still holding me as I struggled in his grip.

"Did you guys miss the part where it's time to go?" Murphy spoke up. I looked at the damage I had done to the bald idiot's face. He had a broken nose, without a doubt. A couple cuts, a busted lip, a split cheekbone that was bleeding a lot. I was satisfied with the damage but not fully.

"We're not leaving," Bellamy informed.

Murphy let out a humorless chuckle. "We just saved your lives. Why do I think I'm gonna regret that?"

"Clarke is in trouble," Said Bellamy. He was ight, we needed to go save her. They couldn't kill her since she was the only one who could open the Flame, but they could torture her as much as they wanted to.

"Clarke's always in trouble," Murphy retorted.

"They took her and the flame to the tower. It's a safe bet Ontari's there, too," The oldest Blake informed. "Everything we need to stop A.L.I.E is in the same place."

"If we go up that tower, we won't be able to fight our way out again," Octavia cut in.

"If we stop A.L.I.E, we won't have to." 

Pike, Indra and Murphy looked at each other as if a silent agreement was made. "Up the tower, great," Murphy said sarcastically. "You know, after this, doing the right thing can kiss my ass."

We made it to the bottom of the tower where there were Grounders operating the elevators. Pike decided it was best to kill them, like he always does.

"Hey! I told you, that's not how we're doing this," Bellamy scolded the older man.

"They were in our way," Pike spat.

"You're in my way, you don't see me shooting you, do you?" I snarled, pushing ahead of Pike. I probably hated Pike almost as much as Octavia.

"These people are not our enemy. They're being controlled by A.L.I.E and we can save them," Bellamy elaborated.

"There's going to be a lot more of these people if we don't move. Let's do this," Miller interrupted.

"I'll bring it down," Indra volunteered to move the elevator. She pushed the large heavy lever to move the elevator.

"Once we're up, you blow the elevator and then climb," Bellamy commanded.

"Destroy the ladder behind us. On it," Bryan added and obeyed. Bellamy nodded.

"Come on, you do realize we don't have a way down, right?" Murphy asked.

"A problem for another day," Indra replied.