38 || floukru

I WOKE UP TO AN UNFAMILIAR SETTING. The others were just starting to wake up too. We were in some kind of big rusted metal box. There were a few holes in it, letting some light through, telling us it was daytime. I think we were in a... shipping container? One of the big metal storage boxes they used to use to transport things back before the bombs.

"Where the hell are we?" Bellamy asked. 

"My sword's gone," Octavia gasped. I immediately checked if any of my weapons were still on me. They weren't. Not even the knife I usually hid inside my boot, that was gone too.

"Mine too," I added.

"Guns, too," Jasper added.

I stood up and started bashing on the walls, hoping someone would hear us. Octavia started doing the same. 

Our knocking must have worked because all of a sudden, a door opened at the other end of the room. It took us a second for our eyes to adjust to the light. A woman with bushy, reddish brown hair and beautiful, big eyes came up to us.

She was the same woman from Lincoln's drawing.

Luna.

"Luna," Octavia greeted.

"Where's Lincoln?" Luna asked. I bit my lip, knowing she would have asked that question but not wanting to give her an answer.

Octavia answered instead. "Lincoln is dead."

"Lincoln said that you would help us," Clarke changed the subject.

"Did he?" Luna raised her eyebrows.

"Luna, you're the last of your kind. The last Nightblood," Clarke falsely informed. I cleared my throat, indicating that I exist. Bellamy whacked my arm lightly.

"Not now, Lia." He muttered through gritted teeth to ensure Luna didn't see his mouth moving.

"So Lexa is dead as well," Luna assumed.

"Her spirit has chosen you to be the next Commander," Clarke told the bushy haired woman. 

I cleared my throat again, only to be hushed by Bellamy beside me. 

"Cat got the kids tongue?" Luna rose an eyebrow.

"No, sorry. Poor little thing must've gotten sick from that storm," Bellamy lied, picking me up and bouncing me around, petting my hair like a baby. He pulled out a canteen of water from his jacket, practically shoving it down my throat. "She just needs some water and rest and she'll be fine," He brushed off as I coughed, choking on the water.

Luna nodded hesitantly, turning back to Clarke and awaiting for her to continue.

I sent him a glare, to which he simply smiled in return and said with fake sweetness, "It's okay, kiddo. You'll be better soon." 

"Titus entrusted me with the flame to give it to you," Clarke continued.

"Then he should have told you that I left my conclave, swearing to never kill again," The Nightblood replied.

"You don't have to kill," Clarke assured. "To lead is your birthright. How you lead is your choice. Here." Clarke walked closer to Luna with the flame in her hand, showing it to her.

"I recognize the sacred symbol, but what is that?" Luna asked.

"This is the Flame," Clarke answered. "It holds the spirits of the commanders, of Lexa. Will you take it and become the next Commander?"

"No," Luna responded, enclosing the flame in Clarke's hand and walking out. We ran after her.

"Hey, wait!" Clarke called after her.