23 || criminals

"HARPER, WATCH THE HALL," JASPER ORDERED.

We had successfully broken into the president's office while he was supposedly in some meeting. Monty and I had broken into the keycard swipe panel and hacked (broke) it. Maya had gone to the surveillance room to make sure no one was watching and the plan was going smoothly.

"Why do I have to watch the hall?" Harper whisper-shouted back to Jasper.

"Monty's good with computers and Jess and Miller are thieves," Jasper reasoned.

"Why can't Tahlia watch the hall? Why's she even here?" The blonde replied.

"She's a thief and she's good with tech. And also, I don't know, she just followed us here," Said Jasper.

"Why can't you watch the hall?" Harper rebutted.

"Because I'm the mastermind," Jasper smirked. "Just go watch the hall, c'mon." With a huff, Harper obeyed.

Monty and I headed over to the desk where we found a laptop while Miller and Jess snooped around.

"What do we have here?" Monty said as he opened up the laptop. I wasn't just a mechanic, I knew my way around computers as well. Growing up around Raven, you learn a thing or two. Monty turned the device on, only to see that it was protected by a password. I recognised the model and remembered something I had read about it in a manual back on the Ark.

"Password protected," Jasper noticed from behind us. 

"We'll see about that," I pushed a couple buttons on the computer to bring up a code log before letting Monty hack through the password protection.

Monty pulled the laptop away from me to do some further hacking. I noticed he missed a file that seemed intriguing. 

"Hey, you missed that one," I pointed to the screen where a file marked 'surveillance' was planted.

"I got something," Miller announced, pulling out some kind of paper from the drawer.

"Us too," Monty said. "Damn we're good," He cheered and high-fived me. He clicked on the file I pointed out and I was beyond shocked at what I saw.

Photos of our people were on the screen. Not just the hundred, the people from the Ark. It was Alpha station.

"They're alive," I blurted. 

We had to be fast so we clicked through some more of the photos, got rid of any evidence we were ever there and got out of the president's office.

The next day we were relieved to find that no one caught us.

There was just one problem...

Where the hell was Harper? I thought she had followed us back from the president's office, but maybe she didn't...

"Hey, Harper didn't show for breakfast," Jasper said as he approached Miller, Monty, Jess and I. "You guys seen her?"

We all shook our heads. "Not since Dante's office," Said Miller. We all shared the same worried expression.

"So where the hell is she?" Monty demanded.

Jasper sent Maya to look for Harper in places we weren't allowed to go. No luck.

On a different note, Monty came up with the brilliant plan to use the command center to access the Ark-wide channel on the radio to let them know we're here. The only problem was getting into the command center, which Maya claims is highly restricted.