Chapter 26

Four Months Later.

I laugh as Tommy begins to press kisses along my stomach. "Stop kicking her you cheeky bastard," he mumbles, making me laugh even more.

"Tommy we need to go get me checked up, people are looking," I laugh.

"Alright, come on then," he smiles, pecking my lips before getting out the car and walking around his side to let me out.

We walk into the hospital on my day off and walk to the section for mother's and births, sitting in the waiting room so we can check that our baby is healthy.

"I'm nervous," I smile, not letting go of Tommy's hand. "It'll be alright," he reassures me.

"Mrs Shelby?" A midwife asks, entering the waiting room. I get up as Tommy does, following her into a private room.

"It's not so often we see the father with the mother," she smiles.

"He'd be in trouble if he didn't come," I laugh.

"Could you lift up your shirt for me?" She asks. I nod and lift it so my stomach can be seen.

She places a stethoscope on my stomach to listen to a heartbeat.

"Okay, so they both have a healthy heartbeat," she smiles.

"Wait what?" I ask.

"You're having twins," she says.

"Are they both healthy? No problems?" I ask, her as Tommy just stares at my stomach in shock.

"No problems, their heartbeats are healthy, you said they were kicking?" She asks, just wanting confirmation.

"Yeah, just little ones," I smile.

***

"We're having twins!" I squeal, excited. Tommy laughs and kisses me as the front door opens and shuts after a short while.

"What's the news? Nobody's been hurt right?" Jane asks, coming into the lounge with Cassie in her arms with the rest of the Shelby family.

"There's two in my belly," I laugh.

"You're having twins?" Finn asks.

"You're having fucking twins!" Jane excitedly yells, hugging me as best as she can with Cassie.

"What gender do you think they'll be?" Polly asks, smiling.

"Girl first, then maybe a boy," I smile.

"I think we'll have two boys, Shelby blood is stronger than Loveridge," Tommy says, making me scoff.

"May the best blood win," I laugh, shaking his hand.

"I'll definitely need your help since we're having two babies," I mumble to Tommy. "I was planning on helping with just one, don't you worry," he smiles, planting a kiss on my forehead.

***

"What the fuck Tommy?" I whisper, walking into his office straight after work.