Chapter 11

"Keep out of trouble, Finn," I say, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"I will, don't worry," he laughs, giving me a quick side hug.

"Michael, wait up!" Finn shouts, running after him as I see him walking down the street, away from the hospital.

"Get a move on! We're busy today," Mrs Belinda calls, making me slip my coat off and rush to her, awaiting her instructions.

***

"Tommy not here to pick you up?" Jane asks, noticing I've been waiting for a while as she comes out.

"No, I'll walk you though, I want to head up to see Star," I say, wondering why he hadn't sent somebody to collect me if he couldn't.

"Okay, let's go," she says, smiling as we begin the walk to Harry's - she spends her nights there and he'll walk her to work.

"I heard Michael Grey returned home," she says, making me nod. "Is he nice? What do you think of him?" She asks.

"I don't think he likes me if I'm honest, he'll ignore my hello's and when I smile at him he will never return it. But I guess it's cause he's new here and is probably still settling in," I shrug, seeing Harry's house already coming into view.

"Who couldn't like you," she laughs, pinching my cheeks. "Lots of people don't, I don't have to be liked by everybody," I giggle.

"I'll see you tomorrow, if you hit a man in the groin or poke their eyes they will let go," she says as she unlocks her door.

"Apparently I'm known as Tommy's girl so I think they'll stay away," I say, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow, remember to say hello to Harry for me," I say as she goes inside, quickly turning and happily heading to the stables to see Star.

"Hello girl," I say, gaining her attention and a whinny.

I grow a little confused when I don't see Charlie or Curly as I walk to the stall but then again, it is quite late.

"I'll take you out tomorrow before I meet with Jane, how does that sound?" I ask her as I stroke behind her ears.

She nickers reaching down so her snout is in front of my face for kisses. I smile and allow her to have what she wants, not knowing if I like how quiet it is or not.

"I'll have to go now girl, I'll be here tomorrow to let you out," I say, giving her one last kiss before going back home.

***

"I take it you've been with Star?" Jane asks as she swats a bit of hay off my skirt. "I have, now what's the this cafe you've found?" I laugh, linking our arms.

"It's got tea, biscuits, cake and scones. Apparently they're really good," she says.

"Ooh! Sounds posh," I say, making her laugh. "Looks like it is," she says as we enter the quaint cafe.

We take a seat by the window, picking up the menu that is placed neatly on the table for awaiting customers.

"Earl grey and a slice of Victoria sponge sounds good to me," I say placing the menu down.