Chapter 24

Three months later
Evie's POV

"I fucking hate Linda," Jane grumbles, sitting down next to me with her baby - Cassandra - in her arms.

"What's she done now?" I ask, pouring her a cup of tea.

"Oh God this, God that! You should start coming to church with me! Arthur is becoming so religious," Jane mimics Linda making me giggle.

"She's not that bad, is she?"

"To me she is! She wouldn't do it to you cause Tommy would tell her off," she grumbles, sipping the tea.

"Well have you told her no?"

"A million fucking times. Like I get there's at least a God up there but it doesn't mean I have to believe in one. She knows I'm not religious nor will I ever be," she rocks Cassandra in her arms.

"I can have a few words with her if you want," I suggest, smiling at the baby.

"Please! She does my head in," Jane laughs.

"So how's work and Tommy?" She asks, changing the topic.

"Same as usual, but there's less women in for being hit by a man which is very good. Tommy did pick me up but he's talking to somebody on the phone."

"Have you guys been trying?" She asks. "We have, I don't know if we'll be lucky though," I sigh.

"I'll ask Linda to pray for you," she jokes, making me laugh.

"Why are you asking Linda to pray?" Tommy asks coming in.

"Cause she's being pissing me off!" Jane scoffs, making me laugh even more.

"She's on about you with that religious stuff isn't she?"

"Does she do it to you as well?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask Tommy as he nods.

"Cause you'd tell her off and upset her," he snickers.

"Why isn't she doing it to me then?" I ask them, wanting to know.

"Cause she knows that Arthur won't let me shout at her and she knows she can get away with doing it to Jane. She won't do it to you cause Arthur won't stop you," Tommy says.

"Why wouldn't he stop me?" I giggle.

"Cause your his sister in law and he'd have Tommy after him," Jane answers, making me laugh.

"I could get away with anything!"

"Oh! Has Rory moved all her stuff in nicely?" I ask Tommy.

"She has, I had Finn and Isaiah help her," he says, Comet running into the room with a rope in his mouth, wanting to play.

"Give it to Dad, I'm too tired," I tell my furry child, feeling a bit tired.

"Cassie shat herself, I'll be right back," Jane says, picking up her daughter then going to - I'm assuming - the bathroom with her bag.