New life

It was only five more minutes before a familiar red head came running in. In uniform no less.
"What are you doing here?" I asked as I moved over to the bars.
"What are you doing here?" He asked in response, "You know you shouldn't be here."
"How the fuck do you know this guy?" The original brute whose name I'd now learnt to be Dominic, chipped in, "He's a fucking kid hero."
"Back off," I turned to him then turned back to Wally, "I wasn't about to let you get killed. I'd never be able to live with myself."
"But now the security is going to go down-"
"We know," I cut him off, "We've planned for that. Look, I don't know if I'll ever get out of here-"
"I'm breaking you out tomorrow idiot," The girl said and I elected to ignore her.
"-But you have your own life. Did you see who took you?"
"No, but when everyone else broke in they said it wasn't the boss. He's gone in the wind still," Wally said, "Promise me you'll be okay."
"Only if you promise me you'll save all those people at the competition," I said back.
"Seal it with a kiss?" Wally asked.
I quickly slipped out of the handcuffs and grabbed his shirt, pulling him to the bars and putting my lips to his. It was really awkward through the bars, a very flat-front on kiss that was short lived. The thought was there at least.
"You might want to put those back on before someone notices," Wally said as he stepped away, "Bruce will be here in a second, I just happen to travel faster than him."
I picked them back up and slipped them onto my wrists as an officer looked over, I shot them a far to innocent glance but he returned to his work.
"Where are they taking you?" Wally asked.
"We're going to Belle Reve idiot, read the sign."
"Who are you?" Wally asked the the girl came over to the bars with me.
"Lizzie Knight," She replied, "Pleasure to meet you."
"I would say the same but you're a criminal," He bit back.
"She's trying to get me out of here," I cut in between, "Play nice."
No one said anything then as Bruce came in, dressed as his usual Playboy self, and that meant we were about to have a fight over the bomb secrets I'd been keeping from him. Time to win myself an Oscar.
"Dick."
"Bruce, glad you finally showed," I said as I turned to face him, "I've been watching the news you know, bit sad if you ask me."
"Should I leave you two alone?" Wally asked.
"This is personal," Bruce replied and I heard the swarm of reporters being held outside, and some got through, this was going public now, "Why did you do it Dick?"
"Why wouldn't I do it?" I bit back, making sure my voice was loud enough for the microphones to hear, "You took me in for a charity case, I'm just a publicity stunt. Everyone at school knows it. Well Bruce, if you wanted a publicity stunt, you should have just asked. Look at all the publicity I've given you now."
"I thought you said-"
Bruce cut Lizzie off as he replied, "I brought you in because I know your pain, I could see myself in you. I wasn't going to leave you like that. Alone. You didn't deserve it."
"And I wasn't alone when I was with you?" I bit, "You're never in the house, Alfred raised me better than you did-"
"Alfred's in a coma because you thought it was a good idea to play with explosives at home," Bruce started shouting now, "Did it ever occur to you to just speak to me? Speak to anyone? Do you know what you've done? Do you know what you're facing?"
"I don't know if it's a good thing you stopped Gotham being able to use the Death Penalty," I bit, "It would be better than being stuck another second with you."
"Wait a second," Lizzie cut back in, "You said that this was all a set up a second ago."
"And you believed me," I turned to her now, why did she have to butt in, "Do you see how easy it is to get away with something when you're rich. When you're the ward of Bruce Wayne? You were willing to break me out of here, stop me being transferred and locked away like everyone else."
"I can't believe you Dick," Bruce was crying now, it's amazing how much crying on cue you did in this job, "I can't believe that you'd blow up a whole stadium to get to me."
"It's not all about you Bruce," I turned back to him, ignoring Lizzie, "It's about the press joining you, the people at school hurting me. It's about the way this system is biased and this is the only way to show people that. And I'm willing to die for that cause."
"Dick," He said, "If you ever want to come back home, I'm here to help you. Whatever you need."
"I doubt I'll ever get out of Belle Reve anyway," I replied, "Get lost."
And he walked back out, the press following him.
"I guess Bruce won't be paying my way out," Lizzie said, "Enjoy your stay at Belle Reve kid."
"I promise you he will," I said as she turned back to her seat, "He knows about the set-up. He's been on my side, trying to fix this. But we can't tell anyone about it."
"Whatever," She sighed, "I never should have offered. We'll just have to try and make friends, after all, we're gonna be seeing a whole lot more of each other now."

It was barely five in the morning when we were woken from our slumber by a guard shouting at us. We were cuffed together in a line and marched towards a police van. The escort was huge, were we all really that much of a threat?
"Wait," We all stopped as the detective that had interviewed me came over, "Boss want's those two separate. And guards in the back at all times. Maximum security alert."
"Like Joker?" The guard that had been escorting us said, "They're kids."
"Hey, I'm just saying what they told me. They're for that van over there."
Lizzie and I exchanged a look, she was as surprised as I was, as we were removed from the others and placed in the back of the van. Three guards getting in with us.
It didn't feel like long before we started moving, heading towards my new home. I just couldn't wait to see who the Boss had set me up with.

The ride wasn't pleasant, Bruce really needed to help pay for road repairs. And the guards enforced silence at all times, so what was a long journey felt even longer. And there was  little relief in me when the vehicle stopped and the doors thrown open. But the relief left again as I was shoved from the vehicle and escorted into Belle Reve. We didn't meet back up with the others as we were escorted past the main entrance and to the back door, where the contact was waiting.
"Welcome to Belle Reve, unfortunately for you you've either been identified to have a Meta Gene or warrant a large enough threat to may as well have one," The warden said, "And not only that Grayson," He turned to me, "You pose a large enough threat to have your own personal keeper. May I introduce you to Mr Wilson."
The grey haired man just smiled at me, his singular silver eye promising hell.