Survive

I woke back with a pounding headache, and cracked open my eyes to see the remains of the factory as it was in flames. Psimon had done it. And he'd given me information of the man, information that might be enough to put us ahead of him finally. He was right not to trust other people, especially when he treated them like he did. And I'm not sure if I was glad that he left out the torture, whilst I'd remember all the pain he went through as if it was my own, it might have given us more clues about the man.
"Thank you Psimon," I whispered to the wind before turning my comms back on, "Bruce, mind sending someone to pick me up?"
"Dick," I tried not to get offended at the relief in his voice, but we had both come to the decision I was going to die then so I'll let him off, "Are you okay?"
"My head is killing me, but for all the right reasons," I replied, "Psimon came in, he took over the bomb, traded himself in exchange for me. And he gave me information on the guy framing me. He'd had Psimon tortured and working for him."
"He's dead?" Bruce asked.
"He was at the centre of the blast, and the shape he was in, he had just enough left in him to transfer over his memories to me," I told him, "He's gone."
"I should be there in five minutes, hold on," He said, "And we're gonna have to have Manhunter go through those memories and anything he added to you, just to check over there's nothing bad."
"He only gave what he had permission too, which is why I trusted him," I said, "But I understand your concern, he was never one we could trust before."
I turned back to the destruction as I waited for Bruce to arrive, we were finally a step ahead, the tunnel had a light.

After Manhunter had sifted through my brain, only the bits he needed too and I gave him permission too, I headed back to the cave. No need to keep the team thinking I was dead.
"Nightwing, B02."
I was two seconds out of the beams before Wally was there.
"You made it," He got out before bringing me in for a bone crushing hug.
"Of course I did," I replied, "And got evidence to prove Richard is innocent. Kind of."
"What do you mean?" Artemis asked as the rest of the team rounded the corner, "I mean, great job staying alive, but what information could you have that kind of proves his innocence."
"Psimon," I explained as we all moved over to the sofa, "He came in just before I was about to release the trigger, swapped places with me and just before it blew gave me some of his memories. Don't worry, Manhunter's already checked over everything, they're real and I'm fine."
"What memories did he give you?" Kaldur asked.
"He was broken out of Belle Reve by this man and tortured until he would work for him," I continued, "He took control of multiple people to plant bombs and evidence around Richard, remove things and put them back after so that Richard would not have vital equipment for when he went out and he could easily be taken out of the equation."
"But you have no solid evidence?" Conner asked, "Nothing that can actually clear his name?"
"No," I admitted, "But we have leads and we know he's innocent and that he's being set up. So we can't give up on him."
"I've gotta go tell him," Wally said, "I could introduce you all to him as well now."
"Wally, maybe wait a night," I said as I grabbed his arm, "There's already a leaguer with him explaining what's happened. We don't want to overwhelm him."
"Yeah, you're right," He sat back down, "But tomorrow night, I'll bring him here and you can all meet him."
"I won't be there," I quickly said, "I've gotta take a couple nights off, in case Psimon left any sort of time bomb in my brain. Manhunter just needs more time to look for it, and Batman to watch me a bit longer before I'm completely cleared. I don't want Richard to be like a trigger or something."
"Makes sense, "Miss M cut in, "It wouldn't be hard for him to leave a trigger for subliminal orders, even I can do it for basic things."
"Okay, well, the rest of you can meet him then," Wally continued and they all agreed.
Slowly the team all drifted off until it was just me and Wally left alone, in our first awkward silence ever.
"About what happened earlier-" I started.
"Don't worry about it," He cut me off, "I've forgotten already."
"Yeah, thanks," I tried to get out as cheerfully as I could, "I don't know what came over me. I was scared and I've always been close to you and-"
"I get it," He cut me off again, "It never happened. I'm dating Grayson. There's nothing between us."
"Thanks mate," I tried to give him a playful punch on the arm but it just felt wrong.
We settled back into an awkward silence, neither of us looking at the other.
"Well, I should probably go," He started.
"Yeah, me too." I stood up as well.
"See you around?" He asked as we both went to our separate beams.
"Yeah, see you around."