I fell in love

It was a summer evening when I got the news, the amazing amazing news. My parents were being locked away for 12 years and I was going to move in with Aunt Iris and Uncle Barry. They were the best. They always were kind, served the best dinner you could possibly imagine and lived perfectly normal lives. Of course, I'd have to move to Star City and that was terrifying. Make new friends, start a new school. But I forgot about all of that as they pulled up outside the courts, grins on their faces. I ran over and Uncle Barry helped me load my suitcases into the back, then we were off. I'd never have to see my parents again.
The house wasn't as big as mine, but it was home. My room that I stayed in was at the front of the house, upstairs. They helped me carry my stuff out and we just talked and talked and talked as we changed the room into my own. Then we had the most amazing roast dinner and they tucked me into bed. Saying I needed enough sleep before I started school the next day. But I couldn't sleep. I stayed up all night, I was too excited. It was like all my dreams were coming true.
The dream was shattered when Aunt Iris dropped me off for school though. It was as if I'd been hit by a truck called reality. I knew no one. It was almost the end of the school year, friendships had been formed and everything, and I was just the new kid. I didn't really make any friends. Just one. There was this young boy who was on the T.V. He must have only been nine, two years younger than me. And he'd just lost his parents too. Though in a more literal sense. And more than just his parents. Richard John Grayson. The only surviving member of the Flying Grayson's after the ropes snapped. He was my friend. I watched the news all the chances I got at school, break and lunch. I listened to him talk, I watched his previous performances. I even attended the funeral with him.
I followed him the next year as he was officially adopted by Bruce Wayne. I followed his journey as he started his first ever school. The kids at my school said I was in love with the gypsy Orphan. That was my first fight. Uncle Barry had to come into school and that's when he found out about Richard. I shrunk back, expecting a large telling off. But that isn't what he did. He made me a deal. No more hanging out with Richard during school, but when I was home I could catch up all the news on him I liked. I think he expected me to grow out of my obsession. But I didn't. In fact, I think I did exactly what the kids said I did.
I fell in love.
There was one night I was watching him give a speech at the gala and I needed a drink. So I headed downstairs and that's when I learnt something I probably shouldn't have. I learnt that Uncle Barry was the Flash. Now, I was 12, almost 13. Of course, all I wanted from that moment was to be a superhero too. Uncle Barry didn't know, but I snuck down into the basement after he'd left and I found how it had happened. Struck by Lighting. I knew at that point I'd have to do something like that too. But with science.
I'd always been gifted at science. It was all I could really do with my parents. So of course, I devoted myself to creating a formula to turn me into the Flash. And, it worked. Of course, the next thing that hit was panic. I started being hungry all the time, I couldn't control my speed. It was terrifying. So I found Uncle Barry and I told him what I had done.
He was mad. Furious. Aunt Iris said it wasn't me he was mad at but himself, but it felt like me. The next day he agreed to train me to learn to control it at the very least. So I spent less time with Richard as he grew up and more time learning how to be Kid Flash.
It was another year until Uncle Barry agreed to let me become Kid Flash. To go out and fight. And that was when I got to actually see Richard in the flesh. When I started attending all the Wayne gala's with Uncle Barry and Aunt Iris. When I heard him in person, I even said hi, but I don't think he knew me. There was a glint in his eyes, like he did but there was no possible way that he could. I didn't really see him much though, it's like he was always appearing when he had to and vanishing as soon as he got the chance. But it was fine, I was making other friends all over the place now.
I was more confident at school, and I had hero friends my age which was awesome. I mean, life was looking great. School was going well, superhero life was going well and I could still keep up with Richards life whenever it was shown. It stayed steady for ages, and my crush on Richard never really got any better. It just got a rival.
Robin.
How can I start falling for someone else? Someone else I barely know again. But it was happening. We became best friends, just not like normal best friends. Hidden, and secret. Like I was literally having an affair with Richard. I don't know what was going on in my mind. But it was hella gay.
The year after that we formed the team, and well, we got missions and eventually we ended up here. With me sat next to Robin, after being in love with him for years. Having to admit to him I have a crush on Richard, have done for years. Having to admit that maybe, just maybe, I was in love with a criminal and soon to be murderer.