Mamihlapinatapai

I woke back up to the sound of movement to see Wally starting to stir as well. That was when I realised the position we were in. Literally, we were cuddling each other, Wally had a leg hooked over my hip and my face was in the crook of his neck. I quickly moved away, double-checking my mask was still on and trying to prevent my face from flushing red. I had just stood up when Wally opened his eyes as well.
"Rob?" He asked as he started to wake his brain, "What are you doing here?"
"I promised I'd come back last night. So you could talk to me. You seemed really upset about what's happening with Grayson," I said, "You fell asleep so I thought I'd just stay for when you woke up. In case you still wanted to talk."
"No, I'll be fine," He said , but I could tell he was lying, "I guess I just have to let him go. He's not who I thought he was. I just, when he was hiding something, I had hoped that it was something small like, he's gay too. Or something good like, he's secretly a small vigilante. Not that he was a bomber. But I watched the news, we got all the evidence we need."
"Don't you find it suspicious though?" I asked, "That he left behind the plans like that. If you were put on the run and could only take a couple things, wouldn't you take the stuff that is most suspicous or that you might need?"
"I would, but apprantly he's not as bright as we think he is either," Wally said.
I let out a small sigh at that, if I couldn't convince someone who loved me and wanted to see it wasn't me, who on earth would I be able to convince?
Riddler. He set me up. To abandon Bruce when he needed me. He must know something, and if it was just going to be me and Bruce investigating now, we could do that.
"Well, if you do ever need to talk," I let the promise trail off.
"Thanks."
I nodded and head back to the safe house to find Bruce. Being fugitives had one upside, we could put all our attention on the case.

"You think Riddler is helping someone set you up?" Bruce asked after I'd explained everything to him.
"Yes, and we know where he is so we can question him quickly," I said, "It's not like Batman doesn't go into Arkham all the time."
"Just because you don't have to hide your identity anymore doesn't mean I'm letting you into Arkham with me. You know that was one of the limits I set out at the start, not until I think you're ready," He said, "I'll go myself, I want you to keep an eye on what's going on. I'll tell you what's happened with Riddler as soon as I get out of there."
I nodded and he headed back out, Batman in daylight? Not as rare as some people thought. He was just as good at hiding in the day as he was in the shadows. But still, why couldn't he take me with him? I was 16 for Pete's sake, what on earth could be so bad about Arkham that I hadn't already seen in the field?
I sat down on the sofa and changed out of my gear and into a hoodie and sweat pants. It wasn't like I could go anywhere, I was a wanted criminal now. And that didn't upset me as much as it should. I flicked the news open in a tab on the computer and let it run, waiting for the dreaded moment that I would have my image plastered over it, and this time, for the wrong reasons. I had just grabbed a breakfast bar and sat back down when it finally happened.
"And this just in, the two-time thief and alleged bomb planter at both Wayne Manor and the Lufatica Hotel has been identified as the Golden Boy, Richard 'Dick' John Grayson," The reporter announced as a picture of me came up in the right-hand corner, "A warrant has been sent out for his arrest and anyone who sees him or has any idea as to where he could be is to report it to the police immediately. In his short amount of time he has managed to cost Wayne Enterprises, his own carers business, just short of $10,000 never mind the repairs he has to pay for his now destroyed manor and hospital fees for their butler Alfred. Lex Corp have only lost $5,000, seemingly getting off light in Grayson's escapade. And he has managed to take 3 lives of a family who were staying at the hotel in the room above him when they didn't hear the fire alarm and got trapped in the rubble. Rescue teams are still searching for the body of them as we speak. In other news..."
I tuned out the rest of the reporter's babble. Three Lives. At my cost.
If I'd just told Artemis about the bomb we could have gotten them out. We'd have had more time to save them. I hadn't saved my own skin by not telling her, all I'd done was end three lives. And I couldn't even interrogate the one person who might know something about what was happening. I couldn't just stay here and do nothing. It was a Friday, Wally would have work, but would he have gone? Knowing him, he'd leave early anyway. I quickly sent him a message through the comms and left a note for Bruce before heading to the cave.
My assumption was correct as when I arrived there he was, sat on the sofa. At least Robin hadn't offended Kid Flash.
"Hey Rob," He said, "You said you had something important to tell me?"
"Yeah," I admitted as I sat down, "I may have lied just to make sure that you'd come."
"I haven't left the cave yet," He said, "You didn't have to lie. So what did you want?"
"Some company."
"What, you not satisfied with whatever company you've been keeping?" He joked.
"I'm alone at the moment," I admitted, "The most alone I've ever been actually."
"What happened?" He asked, now turning so that we were sat facing each other.
"It's a long story. But in short, someone's setting me up to take a fall. And it's working."
"What, they stealing your promotion at work?" He asked.
"Something like that," I lied, of course, he didn't have a clue.
He would never know I was Richard Grayson, even if I was arrested. He, and the rest of the team, all thought I was the same age as them as well, not two years younger. I was just short for my age, which was true anyway, but still. Maybe asking for company had been a bad idea.
But even just looking at him, even though he could never know who I was, or what he was doing, even though he'd never know how much I was hurting and scared and lost right now, being with him just made everything that little bit more bearable. The first smile of the day came across my face and when he noticed me smiling, he smiled back. And suddenly, everything felt like it would be okay.