Inside out

"You okay?" I asked.
"I didn't need to hear that," Wally replied after a few more moments silence as he finally looked up at me, I was thankful I had composed myself, "I didn't need to hear that the guy I'm hunting down, not only do I like him, but he likes me back. Why does this have to happen to me?"
"It's going to be okay Wally-"
"Stop saying that!" He burst out, and I was glad the interrogation room was soundproofed, "It's not going to be okay. Why couldn't I fall for the simple one? Why does the one I'm in love with have to be a bloody murdering terrorist?! It's not going to be okay Rob, unless you can tell me something I don't know that means it's not him. It's not going to be okay."
This was it. This was the moment that could reassure him, that I could make everything better. But if I did that, it was only a temporary fix. It was only letting him know. It didn't prove anything, it didn't solve anything. The only thing it could do was put him in danger.
So I stayed silent.
"See, nothing," He said, "Let's just get this over with."
I started following him back to the interrogation room when the T.V started up by itself. It was just playing static.
"Um, guys, you might wanna come in here," Wally said over the comms and then the team and Bruce came in.
The static stayed for another couple of seconds then switched to some grainy CCTV footage. We could hear something in the background. I took the moment to check the stamp, last night, 10pm, a warehouse down the south of Gotham. Suddenly the screen was filled with someone coming towards the camera, and my guess not of their own will. They crashed just below it, I could hear the snap near the wall, and behind them stood a figure. It came towards the camera, moving lazily, swinging something in their hands. As they got closer it was clear the object was a crowbar, and it was clear who it was.
Me. But there was no way in hell that it was me, because I was asleep last night in the safehouse. Bruce's camera's were the only evidence I had, but they were also evidence of our nocturnal activities.
"Please, please, I'll do anything-"
The voice was cut off as the bar swung and hit him around the face, I could hear the skull cave in. He wasn't getting back up. And with that, 'I' walked back off, hobbling on the Bat as if it were a crutch.
"Nightwing, download that now, everyone Bioship," Kaldur ordered then turned to Bruce, "If you would kindly take the tube, it should send you back to wherever you originally came in from with Nightwing. If we think of anything else we shall get back in touch."
Bruce nodded, as soon as everyone else had turned he looked directly at me and I shook my head. It wasn't me. He nodded to show he understood and headed out whilst the rest of the team and I jumped into the Bioship.
"Location sent to the ship, M'gann," I said as I took my seat, "Let's go."
"Do you think they'll be any trace of him there?" Wally asked me and I turned my seat to face him.
"I think we'll find it how it was left on the camera," I explained, "Nothing more."
He nodded, but I'm not sure if he believed me. And I could see why, the way whoever it was moved, the way they fought, the way they looked. Everything was just perfect. And I don't know why.
We parked just down the way and went the last bit on foot.
"Nightwing, if you go in first,  you know these warehouses better then any of us," Kaldur said, "We shall be right behind you."
I nodded as the mind link was set up and we headed into the warehouse. It was as I expected. The scene was left exactly as the recording had shown it. Only now we could see the man and all his friends.
"Wait," I called before they all got into the clearing, "You might not want to see this."
"What could be so bad Boy Blunder?" Artemis asked as she came forward anyway.
And instantly paled, turning away from the scene. One body lay on the floor, the others had all been blown up from the inside, and what was left of them scattered the room on chunks. The smell was almost as bad as it was at one of Professor Pyg's operating houses or one of Crocs feasts.
"He's right, you don't want to see that."
The others heeded the advise as I looked closer for anything I had missed. But apart from the carnage it seemed clean of any evidence.
"I can't see anything damning apart from the scene itself," I told them.
"How are you so calm looking at it?" Artemis asked, "It's-" She shivered.
"You get used to it in Gotham," I explained, "It's why we try to keep you out, so you don't have to know what happens."
"Will someone fill us in as to what has happened?" Conner piqued up.
"They got exploded from the inside," I explained, "Call it flash Halloween decorating. Don't worry, I'll gather anything we might need. If one of you get in touch with Commissioner Gordon, tell him to send down a clean up team and potentially a bomb squad. And tell him I'll upload a visual of the scene."
I moved further into the room, there were footsteps in the blood. Small, not like I imagined any of the men would have. I placed my foot over it, a perfect match. There's the incriminating evidence I was here.
And the more I walked around, the move evidence they'd have. I quickly got out a grapple and headed to the rafters. This was stupid. How could they be able to get foot size that perfect? It's not even like the system was perfect. And I had to be down there to examine, it's not like any of the others could, they weren't used to Gotham. I dropped back down, I needed to gather evidence on who was doing this, and they knew it.
I looked at the body that our attention had been brought to in the video, the only one that hadn't been blown up. He  wanted us to look there, so that's where I'd look. As I got closer I noticed what I hadn't been able to at the other side of the room. A glint in the back of his throat. I opened up his jaw, not cringing at the sound of it dislocating and reached down the back of his throat, my hands wrapping around the object. I pulled it back out, a memory stick, and attached to it a warning.
If you don't show the rest of the team this Grayson, I will.
Written in text so I'd get nothing from their handwriting and on fresh paper that you could buy from any store. The only thing that we could get off of it was prints, but I doubted they'd slip up there. I ripped the tag off and shoved it in a pocket, putting the memory stick in another and heading back out. That was all I needed to find. The police could gather the rest.