𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

The light illuminated the kitchen as I turned off the stove, I just finished cooking dinner for both Fundy and Sally.

I made pasta with some cooked stake for Sally. Since Fundy didn't like pasta I made him some mashed potatoes and chicken. Pretty decent if you ask me, nothing special was going on.

I put aside the plates of food and wash all the dishes clean, and started on getting them something to drink. I got them both sweet tea and relaxed. I had finished what I needed to do, I can breathe now.

I'm proud of myself, it took me a lot to just get the stove on let alone to cook for both Sally and Fundy.

Speaking of Fundy, he should be getting home soon. He mentioned going to someone named.. Grayson? He was going to hang out with him after school. I don't want him to miss dinner again so I should probably call him.

————

I rested my hands on my head, it's 6:30 pm. I have no clue what Sally was off to do but it wasn't my problem, I learned that the hard way.

I heard a car pull up to the driveway.

Tensing up I quickly put Sallys and Fundy's dish on the table and set down utensils nicely. She wouldn't appreciate it but at least it wasn't a mess. Keys jingle against the door know as the door opens, I see Sallys face. I hope she's in a good mood.

"Phone." She set her hand out for me to get up and give it to her, I didn't waste time handing it to her and sitting back down in front of her spot on the table. "Good.. why did you text Fundy?" I gulped down saliva that was trapping my voice, my hands started to shake slightly. "Come on I don't have all day!" The pink hair woman raised her voice which made me flinch.

"I told him to come h-home soon so he could eat dinner" my voice shook as she examined my phone one last time and left it on the counter.

She gracefully say down and picked up her fork, "shouldn't we wait for fund-" she cut me off before I could finish, "Silence." She told me sternly.

That was all I needed to hear to shut my mouth and sit quietly.

I watched her face, it turned from a mostly emotionless expression to a pure disgusted face. I opened my mouth to ask but I decided against it.

She looked at me with mad eyes, "you know I don't like onions, so what the fuck is this?!" Sally scolded me for being so dumb, it felt like my mouth was stitched close. I couldn't speak. "ANSWER ME WHORE!" she slammed her fists down onto the wooden table making her fork clatter along with her glass of sweet tea. I flinched violently as my eyes were brought up to her face.

"On-onions ma'am" my voice barely came out a whisper.

She scoffed and looked to the side, I had forgotten to take the onions out. I add them in so they could add flavor but I missed the step of taking them out of the food afterward.

She got up and threw the onions in front of me on the table, some of them landed on my shirt. She morphed her hand into a claw, raising it over my head. I didn't have enough time to think, all I didn't was raise my arms over my head to protect myself while closing my eyes. I felt nothing at first, I felt the impact but I didn't feel the pain. Soon enough I noticed blood driving down my cheek onto my favorite shirt.

She had slapped me, she shapeshifted her hand to have black sharp claws.

Nothing new.

I saw her walk away from me but not forgetting to mutter a few words to me, "Do better." That rang through my head, do better. I could have done better. It was my fault, I made her angry. She didn't eat because of my mistakes.

I'm a failure.

Tears threatened my eyes as I looked down, I can't cry, I'll make too much noise. She'll be even more upset with me.

I need to clean everything up so Fundy can come home and eat at a nice dinner table, I don't want him to worry about the things his mother did to me.

I covered so many things up, I've gotten kind of good at it. He doesn't need to be worrying about what happens between me and her. He's 14, he wouldn't know better. If anything Sally would trick him into thinking I'm in the blame. Sighing I got up shakily to clean up the dinner table and to get myself looking presentable.

————

————

Hi, how are you?

As always let me know if I got something wrong, let me know what you think of this. It's slightly shorter ik sorry.

Have a nice day! I Luv you, thank you for reading!
(842 words)

—Tye