𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Fundy, Sally, and I all got in the car to go out for dinner.

We decided to celebrate Fundy getting a 100 on his science project, and honestly, he deserved it. I could tell he put so much work into the project, he doesn't even like science. So it was a great accomplishment.

Fundy sat in the back middle seat, on his phone. It didn't bother me per se but I seemed to bother Sally, she never said anything about it though.

Sally had her eyes fixated on the road ahead of us, it ticked me off how everyone was so quiet.

The only noise that could be heard was the cars passing by.

She sighed, "when are we going to get there?!" I jumped at the sudden words being yelled at me "uh I think a few minutes"

She seemed to be satisfied with that answer, or it could just be that our son was in the back seat.

It made me nervous, I don't know why. Everything was too quiet for its good. This drive to the restaurant Fundy liked make me nervous. Something was up.

I just tapped my finger on the steering wheel three times. A small pause between each one.
. . .

My eyes wandered over to Sally, she was dressed nicely. If only she wasn't such a bitch, maybe my life would have turned out better.

————

We had just finished ordering food, Sally got the most expensive thing on the menu while Fundy just got a cheeseburger. We kind of just talk like a normal family.. the key word kind of.

Everything I said something she didn't as she kicked me from under the table, somehow the pink-haired woman made it unnoticeable. Like if she we're saying, "if someone notices it's your fault"

She kicked relatively in the same area, a tactic she liked to use. So it would hurt more. I had to power through it.

Eventually, the waitress came over with our food, I had gotten a chicken salad.

It wasn't my choice, Sally had told me then I needed to lose weight. She was right after all, so I'm just following her advice.

Everyone started to silently eat, my mind taking in all the noises surrounding me. Utensils clattered against the plates, children laughing, parents talking, the kitchen busy at work. It was overwhelming.

The light over our heads bothered me, it was painfully bright. But at the same time.. no one was bothered by it except for me. Everyone seemed to be fine. I'm just over exaggerating, if only the light didn't hurt me every time I looked up.

I tapped my fork against my plate four times at a steady pace.
. . . .

As I slightly stare into Sally's soul, something about her. She made me want to love her, but I knew it was wrong. I wanted to make her feel what I felt, every time she called me horrible names. Every time she beat me, every time she made me feel like I was nothing. Every time she locked me in that small room, I wanted to make her feel what I felt.

My eye twitches.

I grip my fork tightly making my knuckles turn white.

"..ad? Dad!"

Fundy called out, he made me snap out of my trance. "Oh yeah sorry?" I apologize, "you haven't touched your food.. aren't you hungry," he asks me with intent.

"Yeah, just had a lot on my mind kiddo.. I'll eat don't worry" I smile towards him, he shouldn't have to worry about my problems. He's just a kid. No one should have to worry.