Chapter 4

I couldn't believe what I just heard my mother say through the speaker. I was dead silent. Monique and I looking at each other in shock.

"Honey? Are you okay?" She asked, breaking us from our excited stare.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!" We both screamed at the same time.

"Woah. What was that about?!" She exclaimed with a slight giggle.

"I- We- I can't-" I couldn't seem to find the right words because of all the excitement,"I'll explain it to you when you get home."

"Okay. I should be home in about an hour and a half." She said.

"Okay. Bye mom." I said breathing heavily. I think i'm about to cry. Yup, I'm crying.

"Bye." She said, ending the phone call.

I hung up the phone and locked my screen. I put my pone down carefully. Monique and I stared at a each other for a few moments when we screamed, jumped, cried, and hugged each other.

"Serena! I can't believe it! You are going to Galloway!!" She squealed and hugged me tight.

"I know!" I hugged her tighter.

We pilled apart from our tight embrace and just stared at each other, trying to catch our breath.

Breathe Serena. Breathe. I thought to myself. You might not even meet him.

"Serena! I swear to fucking god if you meet him I will go fucking crazy!" She said to me with a huge smile.

"Me too. I probably would die."

"If you meet him. Or at least see him. You have to call me!" She exclaimed.

"I will." I assured her.

Her phone buzzed and my bed which interrupted our conversation.

"Ugh. I have to go home." She groaned.

"What? Why?" I asked, disappointment evident in my voice.

"She is still mad because I did't clean my room yesterday." She said getting up from my bed and walking into my bathroom to fix her messy hair.

"But what am I going to do for the next.." I looked at my alarm clock on my dresser,"hour and fifteen minutes?" I called after her so she can here me in the bathroom.

"Sorry, but I have to go or she wont let me come over again." She said walking out of the restroom. Her mom has always been a bit strict.

"Fine." I said walking her out of my room and down the stairs,"When are you leaving for Florida?" I asked as we approached the front door.

"In two days," She said holding up two fingers,"What about you? When are you leaving?"

"Umm..I honestly don't know," I giggled a little,"I'll let you know when I find out."

"Okay. Have any plans tomorrow?" She asked.

"No, You?"

"No. Let's go to the mall tomorrow? I want to spend time together before I leave."

"Yeah. I'll go over tomorrow. Let's go around...5?" I asked.

"Sounds good. Bye." She said walking out the door.

"Bye." I waved. I stayed outside, shivering, until she was out of sight and I walked back into my warm home.

What to do? What to do? I thought to myself. The house was already cleaned so I didn't need to clean. My room was clean. I GOT IT! I wasn't really hungry so I made way to the kitchen and opened a cabinet where we kept all the snacks and other goodies. I grabbed a pack of strawberry pop-tarts, small bag of potato chips, and a canned soda. Dr. Pepper. Yummy! I made my way up the stairs and into my room. I turned on my laptop, again, and decided i'd watch some Netflex.