Chapter 6

I arrived at my home around 8:45 p.m. and my mom was there packing her last minute items for Ohio.

"Hi mom." I said kicking off my shoes.

"Hi sweetie. Have you finished packing?" She said hugging me.

"I need to pack just a few more things and then i'm done."

"Okay then go finish." She shooed me off up stairs.

"Okay mom." I answered jogging my way up the stairs.

I got into my room and pulled out my luggage from my closet. I opened it and went through what I already had and what I needed to pack.

I went to the bathroom and grabbed my spare toothpaste and an extra small tube of toothpaste. I also grabbed my toiletry bag ,where I kept my girl things in, and went back into my room.

Looking over my things I was checking off some items off my imaginary list.

New Shirts. Check.

New pants. Check.

SHOES. Check.

Toothbrush/Toothpaste. Check.

Toiletry bag. Check.

I feel like i'm forgetting something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I thought to myself.

I went to my restroom to wash my make-up off. Make-Up. That's what it was. I grabbed my make-Up bag and put it in my bag along with my phone charger and earbuds. I changed into grey sweats, a white t-shirt, and pair of green fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm.

I take one last look at my luggage and zip it closed. I set it by my door along with an extra pillow and sleeping bag. After I put my things by my door I skip over to my bed and plop down onto it. I reached for my phone on the night stand and unlocked it. I set my alarm for five in the morning since we were leaving at five-thirty and I wasn't going to get ready anyway because it is going to be too early. After setting my alarm I shut off my phone and closed my eyes to try to sleep.

I tossed and turned for almost an hour with no luck of sleeping, so I got up and went to the kitchen to look for something to make me sleep.

I tripped down the stairs and saw my mom on the table.

"Mom what are you still doing up?" I asked curiously.

"Just writing a letter for the Johnson's next door and telling then the forwarding address for Ohio since we don't exactly know how long we are going to be gone." She informs me.

"Oh." Is all I said.

"What are you doing up?" She asked raising a brow.

"I couldn't sleep," I said as I filled a cup of the cool crisp, water,"Do we have any sleeping pills?"

"In the cabinet above the microwave but only take one because we don't want to over sleep." She points out.

"I know." I grabbed the pill bottle and grabbed one. I quickly flicked my head back to swallow the pill, chasing it with water.

"Goodnight mom." I give her a kiss on the cheek from behind after taking the pill.

"Goodnight honey." She pats my arm smiling.

After saying my 'goodnight' to my mom I trip up the stairs to head back to my room.

I lay down and wait for the pill to kick in. After about 15 to 20 minutes I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier. Soon, I find myself drifting off into a deep slumber.

...

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear since my head was right next to my night stand.

I got my phone off the night stand and shut off the alarm. I set my phone on my bed and stumbled my way across my room in search of the light switch. I flicked on the lights once I found it and squeezed my eyes shut because of the bright light.

Once my eyes recovered I reached my bathroom and brushed my teeth. After doing so I brushed out my hair and put it up in a high pony-tail; I wasn't going to bother to do my hair. Once done I started to head out of the bathroom when something caught my eye. My straightener. I forgot all about it and so I grabbed it and put it in one of the smaller luggages, knowing I will need it.

After putting my straightener away I counted my three luggages, blanket and pillow, and my toiletry bag making sure they were all there.

I grab my phone and throw it into my purse and grab my toiletry bag and my two smaller luggages first to put them downstairs. As I was walking out I stubbed my toe on the door frame.

"Shit!" I called out.

"Watch your language young lady!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

I finished making my way down the stairs carefully and set my items down by the door. After setting my things down I run up the stairs taking two steps at a time wanting to get it over and done with.

I reached my room and grabbed my larger luggage and struggled to get the handle bar up. Finally, after pulling on it a couple times it comes up and I rolled it out of my room.

I reached the front door and decided to stack a small luggage on top of the large one and my toiletry bag along with my pillow and blanket on top of the other small one. I put my purse around my shoulder and grabbed one handle bar in each hand; making one trip outside in the cold to the car, which was warming up.

I set my items in the car and ran inside. I told my mom my things were in the car and headed to my room one last time to grab a warm jacket. Before walking out I took one last glance at me room and sighed.

"Mom. I'll be in the car!" I called from the front door.

"Okay i'll be out in a sec!" She replied.

With that I shut the door behind me and jogged to the car. Almost right when I got into the car my mom came out and locked the door behind her. She went to leave the letter with the neighbors and immediately came back.

As soon as she got into the car so looked at me and smiled,"Are you ready?" She squeezed my warm hand.

"Yes."