Chapter 7

After we went through security and check-in we sat down and waited for our plane number to be called.

"What time is it?" My mom asks as he rests her head in my shoulder.

"Almost 7," I said,"They should be calling our flight in a little bit. Just sleep and i'll wake you up when they call our flight."

"Okay. Thanks sweetie." She smiles and snuggles her head into my shoulder.

I didn't like how she wanted to leave early 'so there wasn't a long line' but there was hardly anybody here, only a couple of people with there children.

Sometimes I wonder, Why are they going to Ohio?

...

Flight 446 to Ohio

I heard the lady call through the intercom.

I shook my mother's shoulder lightly,"Mom let's go." I whispered by her ear.

She rubbed the tiredness from her eyes and stretched. Once she stood up she stumbled a bit from getting up to quickly so I grabbed her elbow.

We made our way to the flight entrance and gave the flight attendant our passes.

As we boarded the airplane we looked for our seats.

132

133

Here it is. 134.

I took a look at the seats and they were in good condition. They didn't look disgusting. They were a dark navy blue with black seat belts and red buckles. They also had a fold out tray on the back of the seat that was in front of ours.

We put our small carry ons in the small storage compartment above the seats. I decided to keep my pillow and small blanket out so I will be able to fall asleep.

We took our seats and sat in silence to catch our breath and process everything that us happening. We are going to fucking Ohio! Suddenly, the seat belt sign flashed red and bright. My mom and I both put on our seat belts and suddenly we here a soft voice come from the speaker.

This will be a 4 hour flight so please be patient. You must keep your seat belt in at all times when the sign is flashing but when it turns off you are free to remove it. And Please, no electronics on during take-off; it will interfere with our system. We are preparing for take-off and should be headed to Ohio in a couple of minutes. Finally, We hope you enjoy your flight and thank you for flying with American Airlines.

Well that was a waste of almost five minutes if my time.

As I rest my head against the head rest I feel a hand clasp my hand tightly I look down and see my mom's hand. She looks sick and pale like if she is about to puke and we haven't even taken off yet.

"Mom, Are you okay?" I ask wiping off the trickling sweat forming in her forehead.

"Yeah. Just a little nervous."

"Mom, you look like your about to pass out," I grab a puke bag and hand it to her,"Here."

"Thanks,"She smiles,"Can you hand me my small bag from up there." She points to the cupboard up top and I reach for it quickly.

I hand her the bag and she pulls out a small package.

"What is that?" I ask curiously.

"Motion sickness medicine." She sets down two tablets in her hand and grabs her water. She puts them in her mouth and flicks her head back, chasing the pills with water.

"I should be knocked out in a couple of minutes." She informs me.

"Okay. Just try to sleep." I assure her.

She leans her head back against the chair and closes her eyes. I notice her breathing slowing down and she is starting to relax.

We are now clear for take off. The flight attendant said through the speaker.

I'm not nervous because I am too excited for Ohio to think right now. What if I meet Kyle?!

Suddenly I hear light snores coming from the side of me and when I look over I see my mother snoring away.

The plane starts to move slowly and as I look out the window, past my mom, I see the small town of Truckee, CA slowly slipping away.

...

The flight was long but because of the knock-out pill my mom was asleep most of the flight while I, on the other hand, stayed up and listened to the music in my playlist the whole time.

After we got off the airplane we went to baggage claim where we waited for almost fifteen minutes for our damn luggage to come.

"Okay. I just need to make a phone call to my friend and we'll be on our way." My mom excused herself from me and went a few feet away.

I waited for almost five minutes and my mom returned,"A taxi should be here in about,"She looks at her expansive ass watch,"Two minutes."

"Okay." I grabbed my luggage and again, I had trouble pulling up the handle bar. My mom and I head for the front entrance to wait for the taxi to arrive and soon enough a yellow cab pulls up right in front of us.

The taxi driver steps out of the cab and grabs our luggage and sets them in the trunk.

"Thank you." I say as he takes my luggage.

"It's my job." Ge smiles back politely showing off his dimples and his bright blue eyes.

My mother and I step into the cab and put our seat belts on and the driver opens the driver's side door and steps in.

"Where to?" He asked and my mom hands him a small piece of paper where she had written down the address.

I wonder who we are staying with.....