Chapter 8

*Kyle's POV*

I was in my room planning a theme for my next youtube video when I heard a light knock on the door. I got up from my bed and made my way over to the door. When I opened it I saw my mom with a huge grin on her face.

"What?" I asked, curiosity evident on my face.

"Can I come in?" She asks.

"Yeah." I move out of they way and towards my bed again as she follows.

"Okay. So what did you want?" I asked.

"Okay..." She smiled again,"Remember when you were smaller how I used to take you to play with a little girl?"

"Oh yeah. What was her name?" I looked down in concentration, honestly I had forgotten all about her. It's been a long time. I wonder if she remembers me...."SERENA!" I shouted after I remembered.

"Yes. Serena," She took my hand in hers,"Well I have a surprise."

"What?" I asked confused. What does this have to do with Serena?

"Well her mom and I got back in touch a while ago and she decided that it would be good to go on vacation. Just her and Serena. And so they decided that they would come here, to Ohio." She sounded ecstatic,"And they are staying here with us for a while."

What?! I hardly remember her and now she is staying in our home for vacation. I remember I used to have a little crush on her when she lived here in Ohio, until she moved to California. I was confused yet excited to meet her because I haven't seen her in a long time.

"Oh my god! Mom are you serious?" I said hugging her,"I can't wait." I smiled at her.

"Actually," She grabbed her phone out of her pocket after hearing her text tone,"They're on their way right now." She smiled.

"Wait what?" This was to much for me to take in almost ten minutes.

"She is on her way here," She stated again,"So put a shirt on and please look decent. No band shirts."

"But-"

"No band shirts." She cuts me off before I can even finish my sentence and shuts the door.

I quickly gathered my mind together and took three long strides toward my closet. Okay, My childhood crush is going to be here, so what do I wear? I chose a plain black shirt, red flannel, black jeans, and a grey beanie.

Before I head down stares to wait for Serena and her mom I look in the mirror to make sure I look okay. I took off my beanie and ran my fingers through it. I flipped it to the left, as always, and put my grey beanie back on.

I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. I honestly don't even know why i'm so nervous. As i'm about to reach for the door knob I hear the door bell ring.

They're here.

I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt excited? Or I just needed to puke. I can't go out there yet. I'll just wait until my mom calls me down which i'm sure she will do.

I just spent almost five minutes pacing back and forth from wall to wall of my room. Why am I so nervous?

"Honey!" My mom called from downstairs. I know she was calling me and not my dad because he is at work right now.

I open the door and stood by my room,"Coming!" I shout back.

I take a deep breath in and slowly let it out. Chill, It's just your childhood crush that I haven't seen in almost 10 fucking years. The last time I saw her I was six and she was five. I doubt she will remember me because I can't remember clearly.

I walk down the stairs slowly so I won't fall and make a fool of myself. As I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear chatter in the kitchen so I make my way over there.

As I step into the kitchen they are all standing by the stools but one who I am assuming is Serena is sitting with her back turned to me. As I step closer two pairs of eyes fall on me and one head is faced the other way.

"Oh my goodness!" The lady whom I assume is the mother jogs toward me and embraces me into a tight hug,"It's been so long!"

I just chuckle because I don't know what to say to a lady I don't have a clear memory of.

"You're so big!" She squishes my face in her soft hands.

"Yup. I've grown." I smile stating the obvious. I just want to see Serena.

"Oh yes," She said as if she remembered something,"Do you remember my daughter Serena?" She moved out of the way to reveal a beautiful black haired girl in sweats and a t-shirt. WOW! She looks beautiful without her even trying.

"Yes. I do actually." I say as Serena turns her head the rest of the way around because she was having a conversation with my mom about god knows what and her beautiful light brown eyes set on mine. Her eyes go wide and it looks like if she is struggling for air a bit.

"Hey." I smile and pull her into a tight hug. She smells wonderful.

"Hi." She said. Her voice a bit shaky.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah. I just need to catch my breath first,"She took a deep breath,"Kyle?"