Chapter 14

*Serena's POV*

"Here we are." Kyle says as we walk by a building with some teenagers crowded outside by their cars.

Bowling The large bright sign read.

"I love bowling!" I exclaim as we make our way toward the entrance.

"Me too." He chuckles and reaches for the door handle.

"KYLE!" I hear someone shout from the parking lot.

I hear him mumble something to himself and turns his head toward the direction the voice came in.

"Zack. Hey." Kyle sounded a bit off almost....annoyed?

"Hey man," He bumps Kyle's fist and gives him the bro-hug that guys always do,"Having a party tonight. Wanna come? You can bring the pretty lady."

The sound of him saying pretty lady and referring to me makes my stomach flutter and my face flush a bright shad of pink.

"No thanks. I'll pass." Kyle shrugs off his offer.

"Don't be so whipped, man." Zack his Kyle's shoulder.

"I'm not whipped. Now can you leave us alone?!" He asks angrily.

"You aren't messing wi-"

"Shut up and leave us alone. God damn it!" He shoves Zack and opens the door.

"C'mon Serena. Let's get inside."

What the hell was that about?

We walk toward a dimly lit booth in the far right of dining area. We take a seat and order a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and grab our drinks while we wait for our order.

Kyle was being quiet while I on the other hand tried to bring up small talk, at least, but he wouldn't budge. He would just nod his head or shrug his shoulders.

After about 5 to 20 minutes of waiting our order finally came. The hot melted cheese was steaming and some grease on the pepperoni was bubbling a little bit.

"Be careful. It just came out of the oven so it's really hot." The blonde lady with the high pony tail warned.

"Thank you." Kyle and I said in unison.

We took a small glance at each other and still did not say a word.

Before I took a bite of my slice of pizza I had to break this awkward silence,"What was all that about outside? You didn't have to be that harsh to the guy."

He stayed quiet and just played with his fingers in his lap.

"Kyle. I don't like to be fucking ignored. So can you please answer me or I want to go home."

This happy day just turned to shit really fast...

"What the fuck do you want me to tell you, Serena?! It's just things you don't need to know about!" He lashes out but not loudly to cause a scene.

What happened to the Kyle that was here like 20 minutes ago? And Who is this guy?

Like always, my curiosity always gets the best if me and I have to screw it up but I do hate being ignored and I can't fucking stand it when people do that to me.

I stay quiet and just get up to go to the restroom the calm down for a bit without saying a word to him.

"Serena. Plea-"

"I'll be back." I cut him off.

I walk into the restroom and looked in the mirror. I breathed in and out slowly to calm my heart rate so I don't get blow up.

All these years watching the Kyle that I love on Youtube but seeing him here and acting like a complete douche makes me wonder, What happened to the nice, funny, kindhearted Kyle?

What did that guy mean when Kyle shut him up?

Did he have a bad reputation?

I have so many questions I started to get a headache. So, I left my thoughts alone and went back to sit with Kyle.

He was sitting there staring at nothing until he finally noticed my return that's when his eyes widened, surprised that I didn't leave.

I don't even know my way around here yet so I don't know why he would think I left...

"Hey. I'm so sorry for lashing out at you..." He says with true quilt in his eyes.

"It's fine. My curiosity just got the better of me."

"No, it's not fine because you didn't do anything to piss me off," I stay quiet,"Can we just drop this and have a fun night?

"Yeah." I sigh, trying to avoid the thoughts that are picking at my brain.

******************************************************HELLO MY LOVELIES! THANKS FOR READING! AGAIN, VOTE AND COMMENT ON WHAT I HAVE SO FAR! ALSO, SHARE IT ON YOUR SOCIALS AND TELL OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT IT!

+I'm SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER MADE KYLE SEEM LIKE A COMPLETE ASSHOLE BUT HE REALLY ISN'T.xx

***************************
~Deandra