Chapter 12

*Serena's POV*

"Honey, Did Kyle show you around down here?" Kim broke me from my thoughts of how tonight will go.

"No. It's fine though." I completely forgot he was supposed to show me more of the house.

"No it's not. You have to know your way around the house if you're going to be living here for the summer," She informs me,"KYLE!" She calls after him upstairs.

"Coming!" He answers back.

I can't believe how calm i'm being about this whole thing. I'm going on a date with Kyle David Fucking Hall and i'm not even jumping off the damn walls as I pictured I would.

"What mom?" Kyle asks once he enters the living room where Kim, my mom, and I were seated. His father went golfing with some of his close friends.

"Finish showing Serena around the house." She instructs him.

"Oh crap. I forgot. Sorry." His smile slowly faded away as he apologized.

"It's fine." I brush off his apology.

"C'mon then." He waves his hand for me to follow him.

I follow him into a hallway under the staircase and find myself adoring all the family photos hanging on the wall. Suddenly, I stop in my tracks staring at an old photo hanging in the dimly lit hallway.

It was a picture of a very familiar little girl and a little boy.

"Remember that?" Kyle broke me from my thoughts pointing at the photo.

"Yeah. Kind of." I steal a quick glance at him and stare back at the photo.

It was a picture of Kyle and me playing in the snow. I was wearing a white, fluffy jacket with a pink beanie and Kyle also has a fluffy, grey jacket and an orange beanie with matching mittens.

"I remember it clear as day." He tells me. I am somewhat surprised by this information.

"Really?" I asked a little curious.

"Yeah. That day it was snowing and you were sleeping over here at my house and I guess we decided to go play in the backyard and we decided to have a snowball fight."

"Sounds fun." I chuckled and glanced at the picture one last time before we continued to walk further into the hallway.

"This is a bathroom for people to use whenever they come over I guess." He points to a door that is slightly ajar and walks passed a closed door.

"What's that room?" I asked him motioning toward the white, closed door.

He stops in his tracks as if he was hoping I wouldn't ask,"It's Zach's."

"Who's Zach?" I ask.

"My brother. Now can you just let it go?" He seemed to get a bit frustrated.

"Sorry." I truly am sorry but curiosity always gets the best of me.

"It's fine." He turns around and brushes off my apology.

What was that about? I didn't know he had a brother. What the fuck? He never mentioned anything in his videos but then again it's his videos and sometimes I don't always know if he tells the truth 95% of the time. Maybe he just wants the fans to know his 'cover-up' and not the real Kyle...

"And this is a 'work-out' room I guess. We hardly ever use it." He takes a couple steps into the room as I follow right behind him.

In the far left corner of the room there is a yoga set up along with some colorful weights, which I assume it belonged to Kim and on the far right there was a punching bag and some larger grey, metal weights.

"Nice." I nod my head.

"I, on the other hand, stay in my room and do whatever the hell I feel like doing." He chuckles.

I chuckle along with him and stare into his eyes. He looks straight into my eyes and for a moment we just stared and I blocked everything that was around me and took in the wonderful sight in front of me.

"Umm," I broke the silence,"Well i should probably go get ready for tonight. It's already," I looked at my black watch with some shiny rhinestones,"almost going to be 6."

"Yeah. I should go too..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck.

"Alright, well i'll let you know when i'm ready." I smiled.

"You do that." He joked and pointed at me.

"So you later."

Tonight should be good...