Chapter 10

*Kyle's POV*

"Let's go?" I ask jerking my head.

"Sure." She smiled widely.

She is adorable.

She grabbed her luggage and headed toward the stairs after me.

"Let me." I grabbed her larger bags and took them up the stairs with me with Serena following not far behind.

"Thanks." She looked nervous.

I walk to one of the extra bedrooms and opened the door.

"This can be your room. If you want it or there is one a couple doors down." I rub the back of my neck. I chose to give her this room because it was closest to mine.

"This one's fine." Thank god.

"Come on. Let me show you the rest of the house. Do you remember any of it?"

She nodded her head side to side notifying me that she doesn't so I just go on with 'the tour'.

I choose to show her the second floor first since we're already up here.

"You also have your own bathroom in there." I pointed to the far left corner of the room where the door was ajar.

I walk out if the room and turn to the left.

"This is my room. If you ever need anything just knock." I smiled at her and walked further down the hallway,"This is the closet where my mom keeps all the extra things like toilet paper, napkins, lady stuff, and towels." I close the closet door.

I walk to the other side of hallway to show her what's on that side.

"This will be your mom's room," I open the door and let her pop her head in there to give her an idea of how it looks,"And this is my parents room." I point to the large wooden door.

"And finally this is the bathroom for other people to use I guess. There are just to many bathrooms in this damn place." I chuckle and she giggled. She sounds so cute.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"It's not a problem," I smile at her,"Do you wanna hang out for a bit and catch up on things?"

"Yeah."

*Serena's POV*

We made our way to his room so we can 'catch up on things' which I still don't understand why. And I didn't know we knew each other before.

How could my mom keep this from me?

We reached his bedroom, which was next to mine, and he kicked it open lightly with the tip of his foot and we entered.

His bedroom was dull with orange walls and there was nothing that interested me so I just made my way to his bed and sat down.

"So how's life? And school?" He asked sitting down on a whirly chair by his desk.

"Good but can you explain to me how we used to know each other? Because I am completely lost on that." I asked truthfully.

"You don't remember anything at all?" He replied gesturing with his hands.

"Nothing at all." I leaned back and put an arm out on the bed for support.

"Okay so my mom and your mom used to work together at a hospital here in Ohio bef-" I cut him off.

"Wait! We used to live here?!" I was stunned at the information.

"Yeah. Anyway so they we're good friends and i'm guessing they still are now because you guys are here. And one day your mom got a new job offer in Truckee and so you guys left and we haven't spoken since." He said with a bit of disappointment evident in his tone at the end.

"So we were friends?" I point between the two of us.

"Yeah. But I hope we can build a relationship again and be best friends again." He smiled.

I couldn't process what was going on at this point. Kyle David Hall was my childhood best friend and he still wants to build a friendship with me.

"Me too," I smiled,"I'd like to get to know you better."

"Me too." He smiled showing off his wide grin.

I think it's a good time to kind of bring up that i'm a fan of his.

"So i've seen some of you videos."

"Really? That's cool. So I bet you know a lot about me now?" He questions with surprise in his voice.

"Just what you say in the videos. But I want to get to know the real Kyle." I emphasize the word 'real' to express to him what I really meant.

"Okay so, What do you want to know?" He asked opening the bottom drawer of his desk and taking out a small bag of gummy worms and reaching to a small grey refrigerator that I didn't notice was there and grabbed a peace tea.

"Well, like what's you hobbies and stuff you like to do?" I asked.

I can't believe i'm acting so calm while having a conversation with Kyle. Is this even the real Serena?

"Well I usually just stay cooped away in my room until it's time to eat or one of my parents call me. And sometimes I just go out with my friends." He stuck out his hand to offer me some gummy worms and some of his peace tea,"Do you want some?"

"Sure." I take the peace tea and look at him to make sure if it was fine if I was able to actually put my mouth on the spout and he nodded saying it was fine.

I take a sip from the peace tea and checked the flavor because it tasted familiar and was really good. The colorful aluminum can read "Razzleberry" as I assumed it would be.

"Thanks." I hand it back to him.

"Mhm." He brushed off my manners and started chewing a blue gummy worm.

"But tell me more about you. I haven't seen you in forever and I really want another close relationship with you like when we were younger." He breaks the short silence after swallowing his snack.

"Okay well um, I start my junior year next school year, my birthday is july 10th, I can drive, i'm a fangirl, and my favorite food is pizza." I inhale a long breath when I finish my long sentence and wait for him to respond.

"Cool. Well i'm a junior, i'm sixteen, my birthday is June 21st, I can somewhat drive because I suck ass at driving, and I love Fettuccine Alfredo!" He almost literally drools at the mention of the fettuccine alfredo,"Have you ever tried it?"

"No. I don't really care for pasta." I shrug my shoulders.

"What?! I'm going to have to make it for you soon then."

"Okay." I say and snatch a gummy worm from his hand.

"There is the Serena I know." He smiles at me.

I literally feel my insides melting.

"What?" I wasn't quite sure of what he was talking about.

"Ever since we were little you always took my food and I would always tease you for it because you could've just asked and I would've let you but you always took it anyway." He chuckles.

"Oh." I say out of embarrassment.

I loved Kyle so much but I didn't just like him because he was popular, I loved him for being him. His cute dimpled smile, his laugh, his kindness, and how he is always there for his fans when they need him; for example, I went through a really tough time and he saved me and he doesn't even know he did.

There was a bit of an awkward silence where we just stared at each other for a while until he finally spoke up.

"Serena, would you like to go out to dinner with me?"