Chapter 17: No response

It had been a full week since Kenjiro sent his letter, no response. The worse started to come to his mind "W-what if they found out about the letters..." He gripped his hand. He looked at his phone, Tendou had asked him if they wanted to go out to the city later at the night. Shirabu texted him with a sure. But he still couldn't stop thinking about Semi. "He's fine...I'm just worried." He laughed a bit then stood up to start changing it was 9:08 PM. He had a hoodie on and did his hair. He told his parents he'd be back in a bit in which they accepted. Shirabu sighed a bit, once he made it to the city he inhaled the cold air. He noticed Tendou, the boy who was waiting for him "Did you get a letter yet?" Shirabu shook his head "Not yet. I'm still waiting for one though, I know it's probably just lost in the mail." Tendou nodded "Most likely." He chuckled then walked around "Me and SemiSemi used to walk around here a lot, we'd sneak into a lot of places too. It was so fun, we'd do it with Wakatoshi-kun. But Wakatoshi is now focused more on volleyball, so..." Shirabu nodded "I understand how that feels...To have nobody. I had no friends after I was...yknow...I tried to do something's for the pain to end but well I'm still here." Tendou smiled softly "And I'm glad you are. I'm glad you made it this far." Shirabu chuckled "Thanks...if it weren't for Semi. I wouldn't have been here." Shirabu looked down, tendou look up at the flashing lights smiling. It felt so ethereal, the night sky and the lights. "SemiSemi must love you a lot, Shirabu." Shirabu blushed a bit "..Oh you think so?" Tendou nodded "Yeah, I hope that letter comes in soon..."

Shirabu nodded and stared up "Me too, Tendou. Me too.." he whispered, "Wanna eat?" Tendou asked him, shirabu nodded "Yeah..-" he stared at the pizza place in front of him. All he could think about was when Eita's father grabbed him and took him away from him. He looked down and stared away, Tendou pointed "Want pizza?" Shirabu shook his head "Never mind, I'm not hungry." He started to walk away. Tendou paused and sighed "Is there something wrong?" Shirabu shook his head "This is where he was taken from me..." he said quietly "Nobody even dared to look at his crying face." Tendou stayed quiet before breaking the silence "I'm sorry...I'll take you home." Shirabu nodded "Please do." Tendou held his arm and walked him back home. Where Shirabu waved him goodbye and entered his home. He left only an hour ago. It didn't feel like an hour, felt less then an hour. But he went upstairs and held his pillow for comfort "How many weeks has it been since he left.." he said to himself. He started his spring break yesterday, he was sad he couldn't spend it with Semi "Damnit..."