Chapter 14: Hanging with Tendou

It was now lunch, he was hungry and took out his lunch. He didn't have much and just took a bite out of the sandwich he made himself. Sitting down in class "Hmph..." He stared out then saw the 3rd year Tendou, who seemed to be talking with Ushijima. He continued to nom on his sandwich. Shirabu gave a low sigh. And finished up his food. The day went by quickly, nobody questioned the bump on my head. They just stared at it. I felt lonely. Once it was time to go I just froze zoning off, before he felt a tap on his shoulder "Hey, Shirabu." Tendou smiled softly. Shirabu smiled "Hi." Tendou looked at him "Now, can you tell me where my dear friend SemiSemi is?" Shirabu sighed and grabbed his arm walking away from the school. "...I don't know how to explain. It's difficult to even just say, let alone explain." Tendou sighed "It's fine, is he okay though?" Shirabu twiddled his thumbs and then took out the letter, he gave it to him "His...parents sent him to those boot camps." Tendou stopped "..." He stayed quiet and looked down "They're the type of people to do that." He stared at Tendou "Me and Semi are really good friends. He may be a short tempered person but he's very sensitive. I know this because these 3 years we've been friends, he called almost about every night to cry and tell me how he hated it at his home." Tendou continued walking, staring straight up "His father is an alcoholic and his mother's a person who forces religion onto him." Shirabu nodded "I wanted to be there for him. But sometimes I was facing my own troubles. Which sent into a deep hole of depression. But...maybe if me and Semi were in this together...maybe he wouldn't have gone there.." Shirabu shook his head "Tendou it's my fault he's there." The red haired boy looked down confused "How could that be?" Kenjiro sighed and looked down "Well." He laughed nervously, Tendou looked confused but waited for the shorter boy to continue "I, well me and Semi had kissed." Tendou facial expression dropped from a confused look to more of a sadden look "You kissed him?" he asked. He nodded. Tendou chuckled and stared down "Damn, SemiSemi...you really did catch the eyes of everyone." Shirabu got confused "Huh?" Tendou stared at the sky "Hmm? Oh nothing."

They continued to walk, staying in silence for a bit. "Tendou what did you mean by that?" The tall boy stopped "Well...you love SemiSemi right?" Shirabu looked down and nodded "Yea.." Tendou smiled "You aren't the only one." He sighed. Shirabu looked at Tendou "Oh...no...Tendou, I'm sorry I'm sorry." Tendou stopped him "Sh, don't say sorry. i knew it probably wouldn't have worked out, so. I didn't even tell him." Tendou laughed then looked up at Kenjiro with tears in his eyes "But now...even though...it's obvious he likes you, what hurts me is now I won't be able to see him or even hear him. He's helped me when I needed to be helped, and I tried helping him until we started to grow a bit distance. Only talking in school." Kenjiro hugged Tendou "What if he forgets about me?" His voice broke. The short boy shook his head "He won't." Kenjiro stared up at him, smiling.

"I promise you..he won't."