Chapter 4: Home Life

Semi finally made it home he was greeted by his mother with a stern look "You didn't have volleyball practice today." Semi looked at his mom "A friend of mine needed help with homework." His mother nodded "Hm...okay. But come back home earlier." Semi nodded and went upstairs, he had already finished his homework so he just scrolled through his socials. He looked at the girls in his dms, he felt bad but half of them weren't even his type. He looked down and sighed he then heard yelling from downstairs. A male voice screaming, and then a female voice screaming back. Semi grabbed his headphones and put them in his ears. He just watched a show then once he heard the arguing stop he took them off. He gave a small sigh "Damnit.." He sighed hating how his parents would fight most of the time, he looked at the posters on his wall. It was of his favorite musicians. He smiled and looked at his electric guitar he grabbed it and started to play with it, he smiled and rocked out. Before hearing a loud bang on his door "Shit!" He mumbled before his dad growled and opened the door "I'm trying to sleep." Semi rolled his eyes "Sorry.." his dad got closer to him and slapped him "Don't roll your eyes at me, young man." Semi held his cheek, his dad reeked of alcohol. He scrunched up his nose and nodded "Okay...I'm sorry dad." His dad sighed then walked away slamming his door. He held onto his now red cheek closing his eyes and crying into his pillow "I fucking hate it here..." He continued to cry on his pillow. He gave a small sigh it was already dark out, around 12:42 AM but he didn't want to be in his room currently. It just had bad vibes to him...So he looked out his window and jumped out. It wasn't a far fall, he gave a small sigh and looked at the city close by to his home. He smiled "Pretty.." He started to run towards the lights, smiling brightly as he followed the blue...no red!...no purple! So many colors in Semi's eyes he put his arm out as he continued to run towards the pretty lights. He had finally made it to the city. He inhaled then exhaled "Wow.." Shirabu was downstairs, his parents were out for tonight. He was bored but he wasn't tired. He already tried to watch a show or play with his switch but nothing seemed to get him interested. He rolled his eyes and looked outside, he noticed how pretty all the flashing lights were. They were so beautiful. He twiddled his thumbs, and shook his head "I shouldn't go there...but...I want to." Shirabu looked at the time 12:49 AM "My parents should be home by 2:00 AM...I should maybe put a timer. I'll be back in no time." He ran upstairs to put on a sweater and put his shoes on. Once he had done that he dashed out the door running into the street, he kept running towards the lights nothing could stop him. The lights were tugging at him to go there. He had no idea why. But it just felt right. So Shirabu continued to run and run towards them before he was out of breath. He stared up looking at the starry sky, as the lights lightened up the entire world for him "Whoa.." He continued to walk around his body swaying as he could hear music from outside the clubs. "It's so pretty out here..." His head turned around to see other people walking around either drunk or with a group of people. Cars were playing loud music. He looked over, seeing two men holding hands and kissing each other. He smiled and hoped he could have that one day. The more he walked into the city the more alive he felt. He stopped as there was a guy in front of him. He gave a smile."Hey, Semi."