II

recap: y/n wakes up late for her stream. then she gets raided by wilbur

y/n's pov

Since the sun was still pretty bright and the weather was amazing, I decided to go for a walk. I grabbed a bag, muted my phone. I went out of my apartment and strolled around my neighbourhood. After a while, I realized how lucky I was to live here again. I wasn't a big fan of Berlin, when I moved when I was 13 years old. The only thing I missed about it really was my friend Niki, a fellow streamer and one of two good friends of mine. London is a beautiful city even though it was polluted and crowded- I wondered, asking myself why I haven't noticed it before. I made my way through Kensington stopping by a Starbucks along the way. After about 1,5 hours of walking, I made it to the promenade to see thousands of tourists waiting to get on the London Eye. Woah, I forgot this thing even existed.

The bubble of my love for my hometown I've been in for a long time now suddenly popped as I recieved a dm from Wilbur.

wilbursoot today at 4:57 pm
hey! you're y/n right?

y/s/n today at 4:57 pm
yes!! hiii wilbur :))

wilbursoot today at 4:57 pm
when are you free to stream? i can do it tomorrow at 6pm!
call me will btw

y/s/n today at 4:58 pm
fine with me!!
my phone number is XXX XXX XXX if that'll be easier :)

wilbursoot today at 4:58 pm
sure!! do you wanna ft today to get to know each other?

y/s/n today at 4:58 pm
sure! im on a walk rn so cya

I started blushing. Why would my idol, my comfort streamer, a person that helped me through many mental breakdowns when I was at my lowest, enjoy my content and ask me to facetime? I felt like I was the luckiest person in the whole wide world, a feeling that 13 year old me never thought I'd experience.

After walking by the river for another while, I realized I've been outside for more than 2 hours. Feeling better than every, confident in myself, I put earphones (headphones) in my ears and played "Your City Gave Me Asthma". Wilbur's music has always inspired me.