IX

recap: Y/n arrives to Brighton and loses her job. Will and Y/n spend the evening together.

y/n pov

I woke up pretty late. I tried to remember what happened yesterday but I couldn't.

My mind immediately went to the worst possibility; he could have taken advantage of me last night. Just like they did at one party a few years back. I knew that wasn't true and I was overthinking, and that Will wouldn't hurt a fly; but the trauma from that party left me scarred forever.

I decided to leave those thoughts behind and go to the kitchen. I expected Wilbur to be asleep since he was the person who carried me to my bedroom last night; so I started making breakfast for us both. I think it turned out pretty well considering my cooking skills and the fact it was scrambled eggs with bacon and french toast. I set the table and went to check if Wilbur has awoken.

Turns out, he has not. Since the meal was going to get cold soon I didn't hesitate and woke him up.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. It's 10:30am and I've made breakfast" - I said loudly.

"Good morning, y/n, that dress looks beautiful on you" - Wilbur replied smiling.

The dress was a white denim dress with daisies embroidered on it. I bought it a while ago, hoping to wear it on a sunny getaway.

He told me to give him a minute to get changed and I headed back to the living area. I sat by the table and noticed that the table was actually by the window which displayed an astonishing view of the Brighton seaside. I've never been the best cook, so when Will said he really enjoyed the food I was really happy.

We finished the food and he washed the dishes while I checked my Socialblade which showed my constantly increasing Youtube and Twitch follower number and scrolled through my countless Twitter notifications, and one caught my eye:

Wilbur Soot ~ @WilburSoot

@y/s/nlive makes good food have you ever like considered opening a restaurant or such

1.6k replies ● 10.2k retweets ● 59k likes

That really made you smile; Wilbur knew how to cheer up anyone. Obviously, the shippers in the comments were going crazy but that didn't really matter to you.

But maybe it did? Maybe after all you were desperate to be with him?

You replied. After a few minutes the tweet really blew up and #minecraftbreadsupremacy got on the Global 10:

Y/s/n ~ @y/s/nlive

@WilburSoot haha ty but no, i think im better with minecraft bread #minecraftbreadsupremacy

4.9k replies ● 35.5k retweets ● 103.8k likes

That's when I saw Will standing at the door.

"You wanna stream together? MCCs are starting really soon."- he asked.

"Yuh. Aren't we in a team together anyways?"

"Huh? Oh wait, yeah. We're with Eret and Technoblade, positive we're gonna win this one"

Luckily, I brought a laptop with me so I was able to sit next to Wilbur. He set up a stream, titled it "MCCs with Y/s/n, we're a team of pogchamps". I laughed and he replied "It's true though" and started laughing with me. I went to get us some water since the "starting soon" screen was on.

"Hello, chat!" - said Will. "Today Y/n came over, as you probably already know."

"POGCHAMP" - I yelled, accenting the champ part mimicking Tommy.

We all started hysterically laughing and that's when people who happened to be the rest of the team joined the VC. Eret's deep voice was pretty recognizable so we greeted him. Techno said hello too, judging by the tone of his voice he came to win. He also said, agreeing with Will, that we had a pretty high chance of winning unless there was an overpowered team like Dream and other PvP gods excluding Techno.

The tournament started off with Skyblockle, something that I was looking forward to because I could put my speedbridging and battle skills to use. We miraculously won the first time because in the finale it was me versus Dream and his other teammate.

When the game ended Techno dragged me to another VC and started praising my skills.

"Do you wanna stream some minigames sometime?" - he asked.

I knew he offered that really rarely so without any hesitance I agreed, then we came back to the other voice channel without anyone noticing we were gone.

We also won battle box, this time thanks to Techno.

The rest of the games were pretty casual, in some we were top 3 and in the rest we were somewhere in the middle. Except Big Sales At BuildMart, since we didn't have a good speedbuilder. We weren't last though since Dream's team held the honorable last place.

We saw the in-game chat being filled with George whining,

[GeorgeNotFound] I'm colorblind you bastards

In the finale it was obviously us against Dream, George, Tommy and Antfrost. Everyone was yelling something, talking to their viewers from time to time. We ended up winning the whole tournament. It was my first MCC I ever got to play in so I was super hyped.

After we ended the stream Will suggested that we go out for a small lunch since he has something planned later.

authors note

I actually wrote this at midnight lol, I also have another chapter almost ready so that will be coming out today or tomorrow. Now that I wrote these I have a pretty clear idea of when to first reference the title and when to end the story.

also new cover pogchamp, i like this one so much compared to the last 2

as I said, I want to finish this one by March and the chapter estimate is somewhere around 20, 25 at the most. Then I'll move on to Jubilee Line and I'm starting a dream x reader soon <33

ly all,

xo hannah