VII

recap: Y/n has an unfortunate situation before embarking on her journey to Brighton.

y/n pov

I think I fell asleep on the train, since in what it felt like minutes a notice regarding the train arriving in the final destination was already put out. Realizing what's going on I quickly brushed out my soft hair with my fingers and put on some more lip gloss since some of it has already been worn out. I knew I wanted to leave a good first impression on Will and the first step to achieving that was confidence.

As I stepped on the platform in an alt girl outfit with a crowd looking at me, I started looking for him. I waited for a minute; then another one and then I began overthinking. "He might've forgotten.", I thought. Suddenly I heard a voice calling my name. I looked in the direction the deep voice came from and saw him.

"Y/n! Hello, I've been dying to meet you already!" he said in a happy tone. He looked better than on all of those calls, astonished by his looks I dazed off for a moment. I remembered I must not mess this up.

"How far is your house from here?" - I asked.

"Not really far, but I got my car since I knew you would take a lot of stuff and it would be inconvenient to carry it around the town."- Wilbur replied, with a wide smile on his face.

Not long after, I was unpacking my stuff in Will's guest bedroom. It was pretty big for what I expected from a house owned by a single person. When I was hanging my dress and shirts in the closet he opened the door and rested his arm on the doorframe. "So, what do you wanna do tonight, Y/n?" he asked. As a response I told him I was tired and my manager is probably going to fire me. I think he took that as a "Wilbur, I just want to stay home", since he told me to finish unpacking then closed the door and went somewhere else.

Just as he ordered me to, I finished putting my stuff in the closet drawers, layed down on the bed and decided to call my manager to handle the situation that happened earlier. I knew she was going to be angry, but never expected such a high level of fury. As she screamed at me for what felt like forever about being unprofessional and ungrateful for my position I could feel my eyes filling up with tears and makeup running down my face. After a whole lecture about workplace competency she said the final "You can't look towards working here anymore, your stuff will be ready to pick up any time next week".

As I started sobbing uncontrollably into a pillow that actually appeared to be white I didn't notice when Will walked into the room. He came closer, sat on the bed and whispered "Shh, don't cry, y/n. You're okay, you're safe with me". This gave me a strange feeling of comfort but still devastated I replied "Will, I don't have a job anymore. With no stable income I'll be homeless soon". He said that we'll get through it and suggested that we go to the living room.

When he let me to the living room I was positively shocked. There was a projector screen, colored lights across the room, snacks and blankets on the couch. Unable to speak for a few seconds Wilbur asked softly "do you like it?", and obviously I mumbled "Yes" since, how could one not be in love with the scenery?

He asked me what my favorite show was, and I answered (your fav tv show here) and told him about my weird obsession with it. He told me that surprisingly he likes it too.

very unexpected wilbur pov

At this point I was really clear with myself that I had feelings for Y/n. I also knew I wanted to take her out for dinner at the beach tomorrow.

I started getting closer to her, to the point where I wrapped by arm around her back. She must've been really tired so she rested her head on my shoulder with her eyes already half shut. I decided to turn off the TV and played our Spotify playlist that we made together.

With our mutual favorite "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals, playing in the background I took her hand, which felt like the best feeling ever. When our fingers intertwined my mind fell into a feeling of euphoria which luckily went on for an hour or so. Y/n was already deep in her sleep so I gently picked her up, carried her to her room and tucked her to bed.

a/n

School has started, I am publishing this in class. Although I'm still on remote schooling the schoolwork that I am overloaded with will be delaying the release of chapters. I may also struggle with motivation :c

I have the most inspiration at night, and now I need to adjust my sleep schedule to fit my school hours, therefore I will be writing less.

Remember to join my discord server (it's linked on my status) :))

Stay safe,

xo hannah