XIX

recap: y/n and a couple others get invited to vidcon in vienna. george and dream start dating

y/n pov

November 24th, the Dream Team had already flew in to Brighton to join us on a plane to Vienna. Ready for what the future had in store for us, we headed to the airport, with confidence and excitement in our souls.

We went through the security check and waited by our gate. We had some extra time, so I checked our seating arrangements. I got the middle seat, but next to Will and Clay which was perfect for me since I was still scared of flying and they were the people that were able to calm me down. "Better get used to it" - I told myself in my head.

We boarded the plane and settled in our seats, didn't get really comfortable since the flight was only expected to last 2 hours.

I didn't get too nervous until we got into turbulence. I got really anxious and Wil noticed that. He laid the side of his neck on the top of my head and took my right hand while Dream took the left one. I felt a bit better, and we stayed like that until the scary part ended.

[time skip]

The poorer districts of Vienna we passed while driving to the house we rented together with our friends strongly reminded me of what I once was. All my life, I wasn't the richest, I only got big this year and it became my only source of income. The main parts of the city, however, were ethereal. Amazing architecture, multi-colored skies.

When we got to the accommodation point, everyone was already there. We finally got to see some familiar faces that we hadn't seen in a few months- Quackity, Niki, Philza, Tommy and Tubbo. We didn't celebrate the beginning of our get together even though we really wanted to; that was because the sun was already setting and the event began tomorrow. Tired from our travels, we all fell asleep really quickly.

The next day we woke up pretty early, since we needed to be there before the visitors were let in. The management team let us know that we were going to spend the whole day there for three consecutive days, which made us glad that we went to sleep early.

When we got there, we got our creator cards and the staff led us to our designated meet and greet spaces. We left our stuff there and went to the large room where our panel would be held in. We settled there, connected the call with Clay in it to the speakers so he could be heard. The panel would be Dream SMP related so obviously, Dream, as the owner, was going to lead.

About an hour later, the public was finally let in. Our event was actually the first one, so the room was quickly filled with attendees.

We talked about a lot of stuff like lore or the future of the server. We also got to answer a whole lot of questions, some about the server itself, and some about out personal lives.

Near the end, a masked person stormed through the door. We were all confused and it took us a minute to comprehend that it was...Dream?

He went on the stage, still masked, got a microphone and started talking.

"Hello everyone, as you probably already deducted, it's me, Dream.

I am here because this means a lot to me, I was indeed asked to virtually attend, but I felt like I needed to do more than that.

This event is really important to me for various reasons that I will not talk about right now, but here I am, about to do something."

Shocking both us and the audience, he took off his mask, revealing his face.

"I felt that it's time to do it, so here I am. My face. Take pictures, set it as your profile picture, tweet it out, whatever since I don't mind it.