XX

recap: y/n, will, and the dream team arrive in vienna. the convention starts and dream does a face reveal. y/n and will have a good time in the park.

y/n pov

The next 2 days went pretty good, nothing interesting really happened, just us sightseeing or chilling at home. We managed to see a good part of the city, and had a lot of fun.

We woke up around 9 am. Since it was the last day, Wilbur said that in the evening he wanted to go to the bridge that he once almost jumped off, and told him that I was going with him to provide emotional support. Dream, George and Nick insisted on coming too.

Before we could properly start the day, we drove to the airport with Phil, Tommy and Tubbo because they had their flight home. We were a bit sad about them leaving, but we were also grateful that we got to spend so much time with them.

We went on a long walk and saw a lot of beautiful monuments. We all tried our best to keep Will from stressing, and for a few hours, it worked.

We made our way to the restaurant at around 2:30 pm. Inarguably, Wilbur knew Vienna very well since he went here so many times.

We sat by the table, awfully silent, before Dream was the first to say something.

"Y'know, if you're nervous or scared to go there, you shouldn't. We're always here if you want to talk."

Will's poker face turned into a concerned expression, he looked at him, and said,

"Thank you, but it's really important to me. I want to go there one last time ever."

We all nodded understandingly. I was really worried for him, but after all, it was exclusively his choice if he wanted to go or not.

[time skip]

As we got to the bridge, the sun was beginning to set. I took Will's hand and held to it tightly, as if I was about to lose him.

He leaned on the barrier, his mind visibly in another reality; it was almost as if he was subconscious. Maybe he was?

Still holding onto him, I looked into the horizon, which was painting itself along the river.

wilbur pov

[flashback]

I was on a school trip. The teachers gave us extra time to explore the city ourselves; they probably intended it to be in groups. The loner I was, I went to the bridge alone, ready to end it all.

Quite blatantly, I was sick of it all. Of people telling me to die, of my parents expecting better performance, of my friends leaving me when I need them.

I went over the barrier and sat on the steep edge of the old bridge. One sudden movement, and I would fall into the water, and most possibly drown to my demise.

Yet, I was stopped by an elderly lady with a welcoming face. She was somehow able to talk me out of it. She helped me up and walked around the district with me for a good 30 minutes. She began listing me reasons to stay alive.

Honestly, her rescuing me was one of the best things to ever happen to me, if not the best beside meeting Y/n, after all I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her kindness and honesty.

Someone sat on the bench a few feet from where I was standing, and it wasn't Y/n. It was a stranger, yet I had a weird feeling that we've met before.

I looked at her face closely and couldn't believe my eyes. I was 99% sure it was the same person who saved my life that day. I felt so tempted to thank her, but I was worried that she wouldn't recognize me since my appearance changed so much.

"Hello, mrs. Weber"

She looked at me, surprised.

"Do I know you?" - she asked, in broken English.

"Oh, yes." - I awkwardly chuckled. - "A few years ago, you talked me out of jumping off this bridge."

It took her a few seconds to process. Her eyes widened when it finally hit her.

"Ahhhh, hello! I'm so glad to see you again."

"Me too! I'm so happy that you're still here."

y/n pov

I looked away for a few minutes and saw Will talking to an elderly lady. I had no idea who she was, but since he looked really happy to see her, I decided to ask him later.

"I'm successful and happy now." I heard him say. Then he whispered something to her because of which the woman became really gleeful. Shortly after, they exchanged addresses and she walked away. By that time the moon had already risen, and I saw the Dream Team looking at us excitedly, as if something was about to happen.

Will finally turned to me.

"Who was this?" - I asked, raising my brow.

"I'll tell you later, I promise. There are more important things to do now, though."

"Like what?"

He kneeled down, took out a box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a ring.

My legs went weak, I was speechless.

He cleared his throat and in the calmest voice ever, asked,

"Y/n Y/l/n, will you marry me?"

Tears in my eyes formed with the speed of light. Clearly, they were tears of joy and pure happiness. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Is that a yes?" - he chuckled.

"Most certainly" - I mumbled through my cries, smiling like an idiot.

He slid the ring onto my finger and kissed me as if there was no tomorrow.

Before we knew it, the whole crowd was applauding, especially Dream, but we didn't give a damn. The only thing that mattered was Will.

The Dream Team came up to us with Dream leading. He hugged me tightly, wiped my tears and smiled.

"I'm so fucking proud." - he said, about to cry as well.

"Be my matron of honor?" - I asked him.

"Yes, yes, yes."

Meanwhile, Nick and George facetimed the group and told them that we just got engaged. Screams were heard, they were all dying to come to our wedding.

George ~ @GeorgeNootFound

congratulations to our newly engaged couple @WilburSoot @Y/s/nlive 🥺💞

200.1k replies ● 217k retweets ● 309k likes

Twitter was going crazy, but honestly, we didn't care. We had each other and that was the most important thing, everything else was irrelevant.

I would spend the rest of my life with the man who I loved more than anyone. With someone who saved me. With someone who made my life complete. We'd have a new beginning.

I loved him. I always did, and always will.

authors note :)

This is officially the last chapter (excluding the epilogue, which I'm writing right now), sorry for making it short. I could never thank you all for the never ending support, I will write a longer thank you message later <33

Publishing the epilogue really soon!!

stay safe,

hannah :)