Chapter 4

The next 6 months were the toughest months for Vernon and Nancy's relationship. Since their relationship went public, they were struggling a bit with how much attention was on their personal lived now. They were so used to their reltionships being private, now it's public, and they're not sure how to handle it. On top of that, they both had incredibly busy schedules, so it hard to make time for dates and whatnot.
"Babe, we need to talk." Vernon said.
"About what?" Nancy asked.
"About how we're going to make this work. Our relationship is now public, and we have such busy schedules. I've just been thinking how we should continue to make this work." Vernon said.
"Ah~ Um. . . We can just continue what we've been doing. We plan our dates after our schedule is finished." Nancy said.
"I've been wanting to take you back to New York with me. Even though I didn't grow up in America, I've always wanted to take the one there." Vernon said.
"What do you mean by the one?" Nancy asked.
"Well. . . The one would be my soulmate, my 첫사랑(first love)." Vernon said.
"Am I really your 첫사랑?" Nancy asked.
"I would think so because we met when we were kids." Vernon said.
"Okay, well that's so sweet, baby." Nancy said, kissing Vernon sweetly.
"I love you so much. I hope we never have to part ways." Vernon said.
"Me neither." Nancy said.

For their first anniversary of their relationship, Vernon fufilled his promise and brought Nancy to New York City. Once arriving in New York City, Vernon took Nancy to their hotel room. Vernon checks into the hotel room for them, the head to their room. Their hotel room has a balcony with a clear view of Times Square. Nancy opens the door to the balcony and walks outside.
"It's so pretty out here." Nancy said.
"Right. If only I was able to grow up here. I feel like I'd have a different personality, if you get me." Vernon said.
"No, yeah. Even I only spent a few years of my time in Ohio. You definitely grow up different in America versus Korea." Nancy said.
"Ah, I understand." Vernon said.
"But, thanks for bringing me here." Nancy said.
"Oh, you're welcome. I'd love to bring you around, show you Times Square and Central Park." Vernon said.
"I'd love that." Nancy said.
"Alright, you ready to go now?" Vernon asked.
"Sure!" Nancy exclaimed.

Nancy and Vernon leave their hotel room to go wander around New York City. They went to Times Square, doing a little bit of shopping, and had a little walk around Central Park. While on their walk around Central Park, Nancy couldn't stop thinking about how romantic this is. She had no idea that Vernon was such a romantic. Then, suddenly, Vernon paused for a moment to think. Nancy looks over to him, wondering why he had stopped walking.
"What's wrong?" Nancy asked.
"Nothing. This moment is perfect. Nancy, I love you so much. I would nothing more than for you to spend the rest of your life with me. I have something for you. . ." Vernon said, reaching into his pocket, pulling out a ring box.
"W-what are you doing?" Nancy asked, nervous whether Vernon was proposing or not.
"With this ring, you promise your love to me. Please, for as long as we're idols, despite how busy we may become, that you stay committed to me. I would want nothing more than that. Can you promise me these things?" Vernon asked, popping open the ring box to reveal this promise ring:

 Can you promise me these things?" Vernon asked, popping open the ring box to reveal this promise ring:

"Yes! Of course, I'll promise to always love you. For my whole life." Nancy said, nodding her head and tears streaming down her face.
"I love you so much. Please don't cry." Vernon said.
"I just. . . This is so pretty, it could be an engagement ring." Nancy said.
Vernon wipes her tears away, "I don't think I'm quite ready for thay yet."
"I understand." Nancy said.
"We can just promise each other our love, then we can think about marriage later, like way down the road." Vernon said.
"Mhm, oh God. That really pulled at my heartstrings. I really thought you were gonna propose for a second." Nancy said.
"Trust me, that will come when you least expect it." Vernon said with a hot wink.
"Don't. . . That was sexy." Nancy said, giggling.
"Haha, thanks babe." Vernon said, hugging her.

Vernon takes Nancy to Cheesecake Factory where he treats her to a nice dinner. When they finish dinner, they knew they couldn't come to New York without having the world famous New York cheesecake. Wherelse would somebody have cheesecake other than the Cheesecake Factory itself? Exactly. Vernon orders a variety style cheesecake that has a different flavor for each slice. They're going to take the cheesecake back to their hotel to enjoy later. They arrive back to their hotel to relax for the rest of the evening.

Nancy has a piece of cheesecake that they had put in the minifridge when they got back. She sits at the desk with a plastic fork and takes a bite of the cheesecake.
"This goes against my diet, but I don't even care. I can work it off later." Nancy joked.
"That's great." Vernon says laughing.
"I love this by the way. It's good." Nancy said.
"Good, I thought that getting you some aethentic New York cheesecake was the move." Vernon said.
"It's so good. Thanks for taking me out today. I don't even deserve this." Nancy said.
"Don't ever say that. You always deserve all the love in the world." Vernon said.
"Alright, alright." Nancy said.
"You can sleep off that cheesecake and be ready for Ellish Island and The Statue of Liberty tomorrow." Vernon said.
"We going to Ellis Island?" Nancy said.
"I mean, why not. Both our parents are immigrants from Korea, why not find out how they did it way back in the day." Vernon said.
"You do have a point. Okay, I'm down." Nancy said.
"Great, see you in the morning." Vernon said, getting into bed.