Chapter 12

S. Coups gave Kim Samuel a call.
"Hey, Samuel. I know you haven't been back to Pledis Entertainment since you were 11, but we would like to invite you back." S. Coups said.
"For. . . What?" Samuel asked.
"You see, we just lost Vernon since he left for personal reasons. We wanted to ask if you're interested in joining Seventeen." S. Coups said.
"I already decided that I want to be an independent artist and establish my own company. I'm sorry, I don't think I can return to Pledis Entertainment and become a member of Seventeen." Samuel said.
"I just wanted to ask if you were interested, and it seems like you have your own thing going for you. I wish you all the luck with making your own company." S. Coups said.
"Thanks, hyung. I'll make sure to visit one of these days." Samuel said.
"You should. We miss you." S. Coups said.
"Yeah, I miss you guys too. Oh, and by the way, what happened with Vernon?" Samuel asked.
"Ah, I can explain that later. It's not a bad thing at all." S. Coups said.
"Okay, see you soon then." Samuel said.

In the meanwhile, Vernon and Nancy were really getting their new place in order, and are liking how it's turning out. In remembrance of their time as idols in their groups, they printed out photos of themselves with various members and pictures of their albums, creating a vision board of sorts. They'll call it their "memory board", because they never want to forget the fun times they had in their groups. The cute Polaroids they had saved, scattered about in their old dorms, brought with them into the new place. Vernon and Nancy decided that the memory board would hang hang the living room area of their apartment, over their couch. Once all the pictures and polaroids were hung up, the memory board looked really cute. They loved how it looked, over the couch and everything.

As they finished up organizing everything in their apartment, a few of their non-celebrity friends came over for a little house warming party. They all hung out in their little apartment, people sitting on the floor and on their couch, just chatting with them. A few of their friends asked why they had left such successful groups, giving it all up.
"We made this decision because we would much rather move on and have normal lives, going into our marriage. I hope our fans understand this." Vernon explained.
"Yeah, it would be better for us to just live out the rest of our lives together and have normal lives." Nancy said.
"Just as long as you guys are happy."
"Yeah, we just want you happy."
"Thanks for support, guys." Vernon said.
"We'll always support you, in anything you guys do. As long as it's not life threatening or something illegal."
Nancy gasped, "We would never."
"I know you wouldn't but. . . Just saying."
"You guys were so good in your groups. Vernon, your rap was always sick, your little vocals that you would sprinkle in. Nancy, ah, you're just an all-rounder. You're great at everything."
"Ah, stop. You're too nice." Nancy said.
"You deserve support after leaving such huge groups."
"We appreciate all of you guys. It's going to be a hard transition from being an idol to retiring, but we'll have a good life for sure." Vernon said.
"It will be good to be away from it as well because it can be quite stressful and getting criticism from people all the time, isn't good for mental health either." Nancy said.
"Ah, yes. I'm glad you guys left before it got to a point where you couldn't handle it."
"Our members always cared to talk to us whenever we were having some issues." Vernon said.
"Yes, that's so nice of them."

When Nancy and Vernon's house warming party was over, they had no idea what to do next. They could relax for the rest of the day. During their careers the word 'relax' was rarely uttered as it was always 'work', all the time. They barley had time to slow down and take time for themselves. Of course, when absolutely needed, they could take a break from activities, but it's hard sometimes. When they want to continue communicating with fans through music and concerts, taking a break is hard. Now, their time in showbiz is over, and they can take a breath of relief. It is all over now.

About a year or so after their wedding, Nancy wasn't feeling too well. Vernon heard her throwing up in the bathroom that morning.
"Hey, baby, you doing okay?" Vernon asked.
"Uh. . . I don't know. I feel terrible." Nancy said.
"Would you like to go to the hospital?" Vernon asked.
"I think so," Nancy was interrupted by throwing up more.
"No, Nancy. We need to go now so we can find out what's wrong." Vernon said, bursting through the door, holding her hair out of the way.
"Okay," Nancy said, trying to catch her breath, "Let's go."
Vernon carries Nancy out of their apartment so she doesn't have to walk. He places her down into the passenger's side seat and gets into the driver's side and begins speeding down the highway towards the hospital. Vernon informs the nurses of Nancy's condition and they rush her into an emergency room. They do a bunch of different tests to see what was wrong with her. The results are. . .