Chapter 15

*18 Months Later*
Nancy didn't even realize but today is Vernon's homecoming. He is coming back from the military today. He just got discharged today and will be surprising Nancy and the kids at their house. Vernon is holding a bouquet of flowers behind his back and two stuffed animals for Kyungmi and Kyungsoo who are 6 and 4 at this time. Vernon takes a deep breath before knocking on the door. He stands there, tapping his foot. He waits for Nancy to open the door. Once she opens the door, she has the happiest expression on her face, then starts crying. Vernon is finally home.
"Vernon! Kids, dad's back!" Nancy exclaimed.
Vernon pulls Nancy into a tight hug and kisses her for the first time in 1 1/2 years, "I missed you so much. I thought about you every day I was at the barricks."
"We missed you so much." Nancy said.
"아빠!!" Kyungmi and Kyungsoo exclaimed, hugging Vernon's legs.
"Aww, you guys. I missed you." Vernon said, kneeling down and giving them hugs.

Vernon walks into the house, wearing full army uniform.
"I finally understand why my mom married my dad. Man, you look good in uniform." Nancy joked.
"Why thank you." Vernon said, laughing.
"Ah, I missed your smile and your laugh the most." Nancy said.
"How have things been? I mean, you had that one incident." Vernon asked.
"Oh, it's been good since then." Nancy said.
"Ah, good." Vernon said.
Vernon and Nancy chat about things they missed while the other was gone. Vernon missed Kyungsoo's 3rd and 4th birthday, but it's okay because he's here now. He missed Kyungmi's past two birthdays as well. Vernon is just happy to finally be back and be a whole family all over again.

Then, Vernon gets a call from S. Coups, his former leader of Seventeen.
"What about a reunion show? Next year when Dino gets back? Hell yeah I wanna go." Vernon said.
"Great! It's good hearing from you again." S. Coups said.
"Yeah, I missed you guys. Sorry I couldn't visit as much as I wanted to." Vernon said.
"No, no. It's okay." S. Coups said.
"Who did you find to fill my spot in the group?" Vernon asked, just out of curiosity.
"Oh, you know that former trainee, Kim Jungsoo?" S. Coups asked.
"Oh, yeah! He was so talented." Vernon said.
"We offered him your spot in Seventeen, and our team agreed to give him a contract to join Seventeen. He is part of our team now." S. Coups said.
"Oh wow. Tell him congrats the next time you see him." Vernon said.
"Will do. Yeah, when Dino gets back next year, we'll have a reunion show with all the original members and a special appearance from Jungsoo." S. Coups explained.
"Damn, I'm excited now." Vernon said.
"You should be. Can't wait to see you on stage again." S. Coups said.
"We'll all be abeojis compared to Jungsoo." Vernon said, joking.
"Ahaha, yes." S. Coups said, laughing along.

Vernon is really looking forward to Seventeen's reunion show. They made a hard decision on whether they should continue as Seventeen after all the members returned from the military. Their decision to keep going for a few more years was agreed upon, and now they have a new member who came in halfway through Vernon's military service named Kim Jungsoo. He is a really talented dancer who is known to cover Seventeen songs with ease. Vernon was really impressed whenever he would pass by one of the practice room and see Jungsoo dancing. He kept waiting for the day when Jungsoo would debut, who knew it would take until Vernon left for Jungsoo to be offered a debut in Seventeen. Either way, Vernon couldn't think of anyone better to fill his spot in Seventeen.

The following year, Vernon met with his ex members to do their reunion show and to welcome back Dino from the military. Vernon was excited to finally be back to performing with Seventeen for this one reunion show. He's a changed man. He became a father, then he went to the army, that really changed him. Now, he considers himself a much more mature man than he was in his early 20's and teen years. His members really saw how fatherhood and the army had changed Vernon. He holds himself much better. Having the responsibility of kids really made him mature into the true man he is now.

Nancy also attended the concert, bringing Kyungmi and Kyungsoo with her. She made sure the kids wore protect ear protection for their little, precious ears, so they don't get damaged. The Chwe family watched Vernon and the rest of Seventeen perform. It's like their prime never passed. They are performing like they did in their prime days. This is reminding Nancy of her days in Momoland. All the fun she had performing for concerts with her members. Sometimes, she misses it, but now she's glad she has a family to care for and fell in love with.

When the concert is over, Vernon met with his ex members as if he never left. They all gave him one big hug, really missing him. Seventeen really couldn't be Seventeen without Vernon, with out the complete 13 members. They found someone to fill his spot, but nobody will be able to replace Vernon, ever. He brought a unique sound to Seventeen that wasn't really heard from K-pop rappers in the past. Vernon was super happy to be able to perform with his group after all these years. He was glad to be back for those few hours to perform, but then, he had to be back with his family and do what he does best; be a father and best husband to Nancy.