Chapter 5

That next morning, bright and early, Vernon woke up before Nancy. He knew that they were going to Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty, so they needed to wake up early.
"Nancy~ Wake up, honey. We need to catch the ferry to Ellis Island." Vernon said, shaking Nancy gently.
"Ugh." Nancy groaned, not wanting to get up, "Give me 5 more minutes."
"We don't have 5 minutes. We need to get going. Please, Nancy." Vernon said.
"Ugh. . . Fine." Nancy said, sitting up. Her hair is all messy, but she still manages to look pretty.
"I'll wait for you to get ready." Vernon said.
"Why are you in such a rush today?" Nancy asked.
"I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to following a schedule. I apologize." Vernon said.
"It's fine. I'm just wondering." Nancy said.
"Okay." Vernon said.

Nancy showers, puts on an outfit, and does her makeup all cute, yet simple. She usually likes to keep it on the simpler side. Although, she does like mixing it up a bit and trying more challenging and intracate looks. For today, she chose to keep it simple. Now, she's ready to go out with Vernon to go see Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty. They leave their hotel room and go to the pier to catch their ferry, through Statue Cruises. They board the next ferry available and they make their way to Ellis Island. Nancy points out how beautiful the Atlantic Ocean looks. Vernon said the very cheesy line,
"The best view out here is you."
"Oh my gosh, Vernon. Stop, that was so bad." Nancy said, laughing.
"Even I'm cringing, so it wasn't good." Vernon said.
"Great, you should be. Puns like that are never good." Nancy said.
"No way, are you guys Vernon and Nancy?" One fan asks.
"Yes, we are." Vernon said.
"I love your groups so much. Oh my God, I can't believe I'm meeting you. Sorry, my name is Courtney." Courtney said.
"Nice to meet you, Courtney." Nancy said.
"I would like to let you know we're on vacation." Vernon said.
"Oh, of course. I was just going to ask for some photos then leave you guys alone." Courtney said.
"Ah, that's fine." Nancy said.
"Yeah, sure." Vernon said.
"It's crazy, Vernon, you were born here but you didn't grow up here." Courtney said.
"Yeah, my family and I moved to Korea quite early on." Vernon said.
"Your sister is the same age as me." Courtney said.
"Ah is she? That's cool." Vernon said.
"Yeah, anyways. I should probably take these photos, sorry I get quite chatty." Courtney said.
"No, no. It's fine." Nancy said.
"Okay, ready? 3, 2, 1, smile!" Courtney exclaimed.
Nancy and Vernon pose with Courtney as they take all sorts of different selfies. When she finishes taking selfies with Nancy and Vernon, she leaves them alone to enjoy their vacation.

They soon arrive at Ellis Island. Vernon told Nancy that there it only really takes 1-2 hours to explore the entirety of Ellis Island. That's good because once they get back to Seoul, they'll be super busy once again. It's good that they are taking this vacation for themselves, away from the madness of Seoul and the entertainment industry for once. They seemed to really enjoy this vacation so far because it relieves some of the stress they had from working so hard for so long.

They walk around Ellis Island for a good hour, visiting the museum that is very interesting. Having immigrant parents themselves, it made them curious who was the first immigrant to America. Vernon's mom is an America who moved with his dad to Korea, therfore, making her an immigrant as well. Nancy's father is an America and had also moved to Korea with Nancy's mom. Both Vernon and Nancy have interesting immigrant stories in their families. It was cool to see who really was the very first immigrant to America. History is just cool in general. Fun fact, the very first immigrant was an Irish girl named Annie Moore, who immigrated at age 15 from Ireland.

They finished their visit to Ellis Island by seeing the Statue of Liberty. They took a few cute and funny photos in front Lady Liberty. Another fun fact, that most people should know, The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to America for aiding France in war times. It's a pretty nice gift, and it's incredible that it still stands today. Nancy and Vernon finish their visit to Ellis Island and return to mainland New York. They spent the rest of the day wandering the city because visiting Ellis Island is all that Vernon really had planned.

By the evening, they returned to their hotel room and ordered room service. While having dinner together, they were having a little chat.
"So, what's the plan when we get back to Korea?" Nancy asked.
"Uhhh, I assume we have to continue activities with Seventeen and Momoland." Vernon said.
"That's true. I mean, when our groups. . . Well, I'd hate to even think about it, but I mean when our groups finally disband, what happens then?" Nancy asked.
"Oh~ good question. Hmm." Vernon said, thinking.
"I know our groups will be going for at least 3-4 years because our contracts end after 7 years. Many groups renew their contracts as well." Nancy said.
"Mhm, well let's say we don't renew. It would give us time to really think about the future of our relationship. I love being in Seventeen, I really do. I've been thinking of marriage recently, even though I'm only 22. You feel?" Vernon asked.
"No, I get it. I've been thinking of you a lot in recent years. We haven't seen each other in years, then suddenly, we both find each other. We've both become idols and because of that, we were able to meet again. I call that fate." Nancy said.
"Exactly. I believe you're my soulmate." Vernon said.
"Ha, it's funny you say that. I was supposed to do a show with James Reid in The Philippines called Soulmate Project. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to the situation that had happened." Nancy said.
"Aww, that's too bad. I hope you get more cool opportunities like that in the future." Vernon said.
"Yeah, me too." Nancy said.