Chapter 3

*6 Months Later*
It's been about 6 months since Nancy and Vernon had started dating. So far, nobody has really found out they're dating except their members. They have been doing a pretty good job at keeping it a secret. All the members of SEVENTEEN and MOMOLAND really value Vernon and Nancy as members, so to respect them, they keep their relationship a secret between the two groups. This is new for everyone, so they needed time to really to get to know each other beyond a friendship,  on a deeper level, as lovers. Nancy and Vernon were able to grow with each other and learn things from each other from these past 6 months, and they can't wait to learn more as their relationship continues to grow and flourish.

The following afternoon, SEVENTEEN busied themselves by doing Vlives and chatting with each other. Some went to the practice room to practice some songs. When their schedule was finished for the day, that's when Vernon could go hang out with Nancy. It is hard to go on dates and be a couple when both of them have such busy schedules, but they're making it work. While hanging out in the studio, Vernon shared a cute moment with Nancy where he sang Jeonghan and Joshua's Falling For U. Nancy smiled as she listened to Vernon sing to her with his sweet melody.

By the end of the afternoon, they were just singing together. They had a little jam session. Vernon complimented Nancy on her voice. Nancy thanked him, and then, Nancy got into Vernon's lap while he was sitting in the studio. To make a long story short, they ended up making out, then left the studio. They needed to get some rest for tomorrow's schedule. Nancy had a good idea, she wants to remake Vernon's 2016 song 'Sickness' and in place of Eunwoo, Nancy would do the female part. When Nancy told Vernon this idea, he loved the idea. That next morning, they got right to work as soon as they had the free time to do it.

The instrumental begins and they can feel the emotion of the song already. The intro has piano. Vernon is in the studio, rapping his heart out in this remastered version of Sickness. Nancy nods her head, vibing with Vernon's rap. When he finishes his first rap verse, it was time for Nancy to hop into the studio and record her part. Then, they took turns going back in and out of the studio, recording their parts. Once all the parts were recorded, they called for the help of Woozi so that he can help with mixing and producing the song. Woozi gets to work, happy to help Vernon and Nancy. He listened to the first draft of the song and he loved how their voices blend. He can't compare it to the original because it will always be amazing, but this remaster will be just as good, or at the same level of the original.

Woozi finishes mixing and producing their song. Vernon titles it: Sickness Remaster (ft. NANCY of MOMOLAND). He posted it to all the music streaming sites, including; Spotify, Sound Cloud, Melon(멜론), YouTube Music, Genie(지니), Flo(플로), and Vibe(바이브). When the song got posted everyone, fans began listening to it and streaming it a lot because it has two famous K-pop idols in a single collaboration. This collaboration made people want to ship Vernon and Nancy even more. It made them a little nervous because they don't know at what point they should officially announce their relationship. Their companies can protect them because they can announce the relationship, then add that they are keeping their relationship private, asking fans to respect their privacy. That's how it usually goes with idol x idol relationships.

Nancy and Vernon spoke about if they should announce their relationship to the public. They have been together for 6 months, so that is a relatively long time to be in a relationship without announcing it to anyone. They both agreed that if they don't admit it now, that it'll get out one way or another without them knowing. They each spoke with their companies about writing a statement about their relationship. Both companies agreed to write statements for them. The statement went along the lines of:
Hello. This is Pledis Entertainment.

We are here to proudly announce the relationship between our artist, Vernon of SEVENTEEN and Nancy of MOMOLAND. The two have been seeing each other for 6 months and are in a romantic relationship together.

We ask for your continued support of SEVENTEEN and to respect the privacy of our artist Vernon and MOMOLAND member Nancy. If there are any malicious comments made against either parties, we will take legal actions against those who commented.

Thank you.

Once the statement was released to the public, fans of Vernon and Nancy, who supported the relationship, rejoiced. More and more edits started popping up and the fans tagged Seventeen and MOMOLAND. On the other side of the coin are the haters. Those who didn't support the relationship. They said all sorts of hateful things against Vernon and Nancy. Both Vernon and Nancy have learned to not pay attention to the haters and only look at the love and constructive criticism. That's what really helped them grow into the idols they are today. The true fans who only send love.

Meanwhile, Vernon and Nancy were chatting about how their relationship is now made public.
"Well, we're public now, babe." Vernon said.
"I know," Nancy sighed, "I know I wasn't supposed to look, but I saw a few hate Tweets."
"I told you not to look at those." Vernon said.
"I just wondered what the other side had to say." Nancy said.
"Curiosity killed the cat, as they say." Vernon said.
"Ugh, I just won't look anymore." Nancy said, stuffing her phone in her back pocket.
"That's the spirit. We don't need all that hate when we're in this deep." Vernon said.
"I guess you're right." Nancy said, smiling.
"There's my happy girl." Vernon said, hugging her and kissing the top of her head.
"I love you, Vernon." Nancy said.
"Aww, that's the first time you've said that to me. I love you, too." Vernon said.
"It's the least I can say now that our relationship has gone public." Nancy said.
"I'm just glad you're happy." Vernon said.