Chapter 13

"Mrs. Chwe. . . It looks as though you are pregnant." The doctor said.
"What?!" Nancy asked, shocked.
"If you don't mind me asking, when was the last time you had sex?" The doctor asked.
"It was a few weeks ago, right?" Nancy asked.
"Mhm." Vernon said.
"Were you two planning to have children?" The doctor asked.
"Not for a few years. You see, we just retired from the K-pop industry." Nancy explained.
"Ah~ I see. Well if you want you can term-"
Vernon cuts him off, "No. We wouldn't do that. It would tear me apart."
"Ah, okay okay. We have to think about this, babe." Nancy said.
"You would like to abort the baby?" Vernon asked.
"I just think we need to think. We're still young, we have our whole lives to have children." Nancy said.
"I don't want to be in the middle of this, so you two should discuss this at home. If you change your mind, you have up until 12 weeks. Any later than that, and you risk complications." The doctor said.
"Okay, thanks so much, doc." Vernon said.

Nancy and Vernon return back to their apartment. Once the door is closed, they immediately start arguing about whether to keep the baby or not. Personally, Nancy believes they need a little bit more time before they have a baby. Vernon is on the side of having the baby. Vernon wants to be supportive of Nancy and her decision, but he wants to have a family now. It has only been a year since they got married, and so Nancy would rather wait. They argued all day until the evening and then, they didn't talk to each other the whole night. The argument was that bad. Nancy is balling her eyes out, not knowing what to do.

The following week, they were still trying to decide whether to get rid of the baby or keep it. By the end of their long argument, they finally decided that it is best to just have the baby. They already went through enough stress in their lives with being former K-pop idols and all that, being parents is like a whole nother level of stress. It would be interesting to see how Vernon and Nancy would fair being parents. Nancy is anticipating the day that Vernon has to enlist in 2028. She almost forget that even though Vernon is half American, he has dual citizenship, meaning, he still has to enlist. At this time, it is 2024, and Vernon has 4 years until he has to enlist. Their baby will have time to get to know Vernon as his/her father, but then, Vernon would have to leave after they turn 4. It's going to be a sad day, but Nancy will find ways to survive two years without Vernon when it does eventually happen.

*9 Months Later*
Today, Vernon and Nancy are in America at the time of their baby's birth. They were actually visiting Nancy's sister, Brenda, at this time.. They found out, a couple months ago, that they are having a baby girl. Girls do run in both their families as Vernon has a little sister and Nancy has a big sister, so it makes sense as to why they had a baby girl. Nancy will be having their baby in Columbus, Ohio. The birth took a little over 12 hours for the birth. Once she was born, they came up with a few names; Ivy, Naomi, Chloe, Veronica, Vanessa, Hazel, and Valerie. There were there a lot of V names because, obviously, Vernon's name starts with V. Then, there was one N name for Nancy. They finally decided on the name: Naomi. Her full English name is Naomi Ivy Chwe. For her Korean name, they already had it chosen: Kyungmi. Her full Korean name is Chwe Kyungmi or 추경미. Something to note is that while in America, Kyungmi will go by her English name. In Korea, she'll go by her Korean name. It's quite confusing because neither Nancy nor Vernon actually go by their Korean names, but it's fine.

When Naomi was born, Nancy and Vernon couldn't help but look down at her and sob of happiness. She is so cute and pretty, they can only imagine what she will look like when she grows up. They take Naomi back to Brenda's house where they introduce Naomi to Brenda. She is so happy for Vernon and Nancy that they had such a beautiful baby. Brenda was saying all sorts of compliments to Naomi about how cute she is and how much she looks just like her mom. Naomi will definitely grow up and have a lot of questions, but it is Vernon and Nancy's job to help guide her onto the right path. They are just happier than ever to open a new path with a brand new life with them.

Later that night, they could barely get sleep because Naomi kept on crying most of the night. Nancy had to keep getting up to tend to her needs. Good thing that Nancy and Vernon already got used to staying up late nights because of their crazy idol schedules in the past. It wasn't unusual to be up at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning. Nancy tried her best to take care of anything that was bothering Naomi. Then, she would take turns with Vernon, and he would try his best to figure it out as well. By the morning, they were exhausted, especially Nancy. She had just gave birth to a baby, and on top of that, stayed up most of the night. They are slowly but surely, figuring out this whole parenthood, and will soon become pros at it some day. Just give it a few years, then they'll know exactly what to do. For now, they will try their best to enjoy the little life they have with them that is the cutie Naomi.