Chapter 8

Nancy and Vernon return to Seoul after a super fun weekend in Tokyo. Later that same day, after getting back, Nancy suggests something.
"I have a fun idea." Nancy said.
"What is it?" Vernon asked.
"What if we made a couple's YouTube channel. We can use our intials of our names, calling it VAN. It could stan for Vernon and Nancy." Nancy said.
"That's actually a great idea. We should ask permission from our companies then make it happen." Vernon said.
"Alright. I'm heading back there today. I'll see you tomorrow with, hopefully a yes or no on whether we can do it." Nancy said.
"Okay, see ya later." Vernon said.

Vernon and Nancy part ways to go to their companies. The first thing Nancy did was go to her manager to ask permission to create a YouTube channel with Vernon. MLD Entertaiment saw this as a perfect advertising opportunity and to get more exposure to Momoland, so they approved her request to make a YouTube channel. Although the reason for making this channel is just for fun and not what her company thinks, she is still glad she got the approval. Meanwhile, Vernon went to his manager to ask the same thing. After talking about it for a long time with his company, Pledis Entertainment gave him permission to make a YouTube channel with Nancy. With both their companies agreeing to the creation of their YouTube channel, all they needed to do now is film their first video.

Vernon and Nancy meet together to discuss what their first video should be.
"I don't wanna be basic, but I really wanna do a 'Get To Know Me'." Nancy said.
"People already know a lot about us, but there are things they still don't know. So, it's still a good idea." Vernon said.
"Hmm, I found something interesting. The Language Tag, where we talk about what languages we can speak, speak each of those languages, ecetera." Nancy said.
"That would be fun too. What about a 'Welcome to The VAN channel'?" Vernon asked.
"Ahh, that should be our first video. We introduce what kind of content we will be having on our channel, introduce ourselves, all that fun stuff." Nancy said.
"Yeah, you get me." Vernon said.
"Okay, we'll do that. We'll do an introductory video." Nancy said.
"Alright, cool." Vernon said.

As if Vernon and Nancy couldn't add to the chaos and how busy they are even more, they decided to make a YouTube channel. Even if this channel doesn't have a consistent schedule, they will just try to have fun with it. It's their intention when creating this channel. To release some stress and have a little fun becoming social media influencers alongside with being K-pop idols. These two things always went hand-in-hand as it's part of their job. They are just making this channel for fun, and they think they'll have a lot of fun with it. Being a YouTuber never really crossed their mind, but since the opportunity came up, they decided to just take i. If it never comes up again, they might miss their chance.

So, Nancy and Vernon got to work, buying all the neccesary equipment to start up a YouTube channel. Then, they thought, both their companies have loads of vlog cameras already to help film their shows like Going Seventeen. They asked their companies if they can borrow some cameras to film some of their first YouTube videos. Of course, they allowed them to borrow cameras because it'll help make their channel into the best. Their cameras film in 4K video quality, so they'll have a nice and crisp first video. They set up their filming studio in one of the unused practice rooms of Pledis Entertainment. Then, Vernon presses record on the camera, setting a five second timer so he has time to sit next to Nancy.

They begin filming their first video titled: Welcome to the VAN Channel.
"Hey guys!" Vernon and Nancy say in unison.
"I'm Vernon of Seventeen." Vernon said.
"I'm Nancy of Momoland." Nancy said.
"And welcome to the VAN channel!" Vernon said, "Why don't you explain the name behind our channel name?" Vernon asked.
"Sure. So VAN stands for 'Vernon and Nancy.' It's really not that deep." Nancy explained.
"Yeah, so the type of content we'll have on this channel, let's see. . . We'll document our every day lives as idols in weekly vlogs, here and there if we have time, we'll film Q&A's, challenges, all sorts of fun stuff." Vernon said.
"Yeah, so with the opening of our new channel, I hope you guys are excited." Nancy said.
"I hope you enjoyed this little introductory video," Vernon paused so that they could say the outro together, "We'll see you in the next one, bye! 안녕!"

Vernon walks up to the camera and stops recording. They both agree that filming that video was super fun, and can't wait to film more videos together. If their schedules allow more freedom, then they would film even more videos, but it's just impossible. With both groups going on tour soon, it would be hard to film for theirchannel, but they agreed to film little clips of their tour life. Each city will have their own little aesthetic  clip, and when they've finished tour, they'll come together, edit it all together, and create a fun little vlog of the Seventeen and Momoland tour. When they came up with that video, it was one of their favorite ideas. It makes them even more excited to start touring again.