Christmas Without You

Merry Christmas everyone!
I'm sorry I published late...this might not be the happy Christmas story you'd expect...It's quick and it might not be great...but, I hope you like it. Also, I didn't proofread so the story might sound wonky.
Warning: Sexual harassment....sopleasedontreadifyouresensitivetoit.....
Enjoy!
(I love Jaeseok don't worry)

Friday, 6:43 pm, 12/25/20
I skipped through the city, in a hurry to see him...
In a hurry to see him and his friends.
In a hurry to hug him, touch him, feel his love as we snuggle up against the fire.

I expressed so much glee, walking in the cold night, only blocks away from the party.

Jibeom wasn't kidding when he talked about the weather earlier today.
I was getting numb, it was freezing cold, and, yet I underestimated it, wearing nothing but a cardigan. Stupid.

I imagined his voice in my head as I stopped at the red light.
I wonder if he'd be the same after months of not seeing each other...
How would we cope? What would it be like to meet him, again?

I never liked having doubts about our love for each other, and yet I'm doubting.
My second thoughts and uncertainty about what he would feel after seeing me for so long.
Would he feel the same? Would he miss me? And would he still hug me close against a fire?

I felt like jumping out of excitement.
Finally, after months, we see each other....
It's been so long.
It's like a miracle happened...allowing us to meet, giving us a chance to express how much we love one another even if it's just for one Christmas night.

"Hey.." I hear a voice, a voice unfamiliar, a voice so distant and faint that I had almost ignored it, thinking it was just my imagination as I jumped towards his apartment.

We were all waiting for her, we were all excited for her arrival...especially me...I couldn't wait to cuddle her against the warm fire, giving her all the love I've waited to give.

But, it spoke, again, clearer this time.
And, even if I heard it this time, I didn't dare look back, I didn't dare answer.
"Miss, it's okay." A chuckle that sent my hairs flying, I felt frozen and it wasn't from the cold.
"S-Sorry...sir...I have somewhere to be...."

Would she love me the same, though?
How can we cope? What will it be like to meet, again?

"Just one second, Miss..." I caught a movement from the corner of my eye, they walked closer.
I had no idea what my mind, or heart was telling me, but I forced myself to run.
And with running came consequences as three men emerged from the shadowy alley, following close behind.
My heart clenched, thinking of the unfortunate outcomes that could happen on this supposed fun and cheerful night for me.
But, why? Why must this happen during the night I'm supposed to reunite with him?
I had to see him tonight...

This party was made for her...
Joochan and Jangjun fixed her the best 'Welcome back' cake.
We all missed her dearly.

I was on the verge of crying, but the frost prevented them from falling as I dragged myself to keep going through the cold.
Jaeseok...Jaeseok....wait a little longer...I'm almost there...
I was already getting tired, my breathing was heavy, my vision blurry, the wind like pins and needles digging into my skin....
I was giving up...but, they were right behind me....I felt weak....but, they were gonna get me...My legs were fumbling....but Jaeseok...

I felt bad for not helping her these past few months.
While she was away, she was struggling so much....dealing with work, having no one supporting her.
No one was by her side...
Not even me....
This night...I can show her how much I missed her...how much she deserves this Christmas..

"Gotcha!"
I gasp and turn, a grip on my wrist and arm.
"N-No! No! Let me go! Please!" I squirm and pull, struggling in his grip.
He didn't say anything, looking at the other two before entering the alleyway beside them.
My eyes widen, the sinfulness of the alleyway already eating me alive.
I knew what was next, I knew what they would do, and I didn't want it, not tonight!
Why tonight?! I was so close....I was there...I had to pass the fucking cat shop to his apartment....
Jaeseok....help me.....I need you....

"Seungmin...check the clock, please...." I say, pinching the arm chair with my fingers, nervously biting my lip.
"Are you nervous? Or, are you scared she might not show up?" He shakes his head and chuckles, looking at the clock. "6:50." He exclaimed.

"Let go! Help! Please, help!" I scream my lungs out, pleading for any soul to hear me.
"Shut up, brat!" He whispered, pulling me closer and covering my mouth with his dirty hand.
I bit him, but he just smacked me in return, I felt my world falling as I fell on the numbing snow.
I was already in tears, they never stopped falling, each one after another every second.
I was powerless, weak, defenseless.

All I wanted was to get to Jaeseok...
All I wanted was to spend a Christmas that we couldn't have last year.
All I wanted was to see him again...
I would've wished for him to rape me another night in return to just see him...

"Dude...is she not coming?" Sungyoon inquired, putting a hand on my shoulder.
I wave his question off, worried about the validity it had.
She has to come....

How can an event change so suddenly?
How is it that I was just admiring the lights a street away from here.
I was fantasizing what tonight might bring.
I'd be reunited with my friends....with Jaeseok...
I'd live tonight like I'd die tomorrow because this was the only night I could spend with him.

Haven't we suffered enough??
Haven't we wished and hoped to be together for ages??
And yet, when we finally have the chance....
Why? Why does it have to be tonight?
All we wanted was....one night..., but we couldn't have that, either??

"Why??" I screamed, breaking my vocal chords, my lungs in pain as I shook aggressively underneath them.
"Jaeseok!!" My voice cracked mid sentence, they only hummed in response, laughing at my pathetic state.

Jaeseok...
Jaeseok...please....
Please...you were right there...
I'm sorry......I'm sorry I've hurt you...
I've endured so much....I've worked so hard...
I've lived far away, hoping to see your face one day..
My whole life, I've been without you and I was okay.....
Can I at least have one Christmas with you? Just one.......?

Suyeon....Suyeon, where are you? Why aren't you coming?
You've been gone for so long, so far away...it hurts...
I've endured so much living my life without you.....
Sleeping and eating without you, no one to love..
But.....I can't have a Christmas
without you.....
Suyeon...